Pulse Frequency in simulate mode

  • Don
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2012
      How would one go about changing the Simulate pulse rate? I have my A axis rotary table setup and working right, I think on my machine. I can get maybe 20 rpm on the table and a move of 360 looks to turn the table 1 revolution. So, I come to my desk PC and attempt to get a better handle on how to use the rotary and EVERY thig is sooooo slooooow.

      A move of the x or y maxes out at 1.34 in / minute. Finally when I started comparing screens between the shop and the desk, I see on the diagnostics screen that the pulse rate is "simulate" is there a way to boost up the speed so you can see the DRO moving? a 350 degree move on the A axis is going to take 7 or more minutes. Maybe just get up to real time. Faster would be great. I must be missing something basic here.

      Don
    • jeremywillson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2012
        may have the answers you seek.

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <Don@...> wrote:

        > How would one go about changing the Simulate pulse rate? I have my A
        axis rotary table setup and working right, I think on my machine. I can
        get maybe 20 rpm on the table and a move of 360 looks to turn the table
        1 revolution. So, I come to my desk PC and attempt to get a better
        handle on how to use the rotary and EVERY thig is sooooo slooooow.

        > A move of the x or y maxes out at 1.34 in / minute. Finally when I
        started comparing screens between the shop and the desk, I see on the
        diagnostics screen that the pulse rate is "simulate" is there a way to
        boost up the speed so you can see the DRO moving? a 350 degree move on
        the A axis is going to take 7 or more minutes. Maybe just get up to
        real time. Faster would be great. I must be missing something basic
        here.

        > Don

      • Gaston Gagnon
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2012
          From a previous thread:

          --
          /http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon//

          On 04/08/2012 10:57 PM, Don wrote:
          > How would one go about changing the Simulate pulse rate? I have my A axis rotary table setup and working right, I think on my machine. I can get maybe 20 rpm on the table and a move of 360 looks to turn the table 1 revolution. So, I come to my desk PC and attempt to get a better handle on how to use the rotary and EVERY thig is sooooo slooooow.
          >
          > A move of the x or y maxes out at 1.34 in / minute. Finally when I started comparing screens between the shop and the desk, I see on the diagnostics screen that the pulse rate is "simulate" is there a way to boost up the speed so you can see the DRO moving? a 350 degree move on the A axis is going to take 7 or more minutes. Maybe just get up to real time. Faster would be great. I must be missing something basic here.
          >
          > Don

        • Don
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2012
            Jeremy, that is an interesting thread and lots of things to consider, but it didn't apply to my question. How do I change the step speed in simulation mode? The best I can get on a lineal move is 1.34 inches while the exact same setup on the machine results in 45 in/min. This is more than a coordinated move issue, a single axis move is way to slow.

            Don