Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: KEYBOARD QUITS WORKING AFTER RUNNING A PROGRAM

  • dan
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 3, 2012
      I use to repair computers a few years back I may be wrong with out running test but it does sound to me like your mother board might be getting ready to go this could take a day or it could take years. I hope ime wrong

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 3, 2012
        what other programs are installed on that PC?
        are you using it for internet access or any other purpose?
        firefox and many other programs interfere with Mach3 some run in the background and you don't even know it.
        a stand alone ( not on the internet or network) PC with the recommended setup is your best chance of running successfully.

        So now three months later I'm back to having the same problems with the keyboard shutting down and the controller dropping out while running a program. I have the line filter installed as I indicated I would do. Would plugging the PC and CNC controller into an isolation transformer possibly help my situation?

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey T. Birt" <birt_j@...> wrote:

        > Sounds like your keyboard was getting swamped by noise, I have seen this
        > happen as well. Usually after the noise stopped the keyboard was able to
        > reconnect. In my case the noise was only brief caused by a bad florescent
        > lamp ballast.
        >

        > And yes, the electrical noise generated by the VFD will travel back through
        > the wiring in your home. The best place to take care of the noise is as
        > close to the source as possible.
        >

        > Jeff Birt
        >
        > Soigeneris.com

      • Andy Wander
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 3, 2012
          Have you tried a different keyboard?

          Andy Wander

          So now three months later I'm back to having the same problems with the keyboard shutting down and the controller dropping out while running a program. I have the line filter installed as I indicated I would do. Would plugging the PC and CNC controller into an isolation transformer possibly help my situation?

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey T. Birt" <birt_j@...> wrote:

          > Sounds like your keyboard was getting swamped by noise, I have seen this
          > happen as well. Usually after the noise stopped the keyboard was able to
          > reconnect. In my case the noise was only brief caused by a bad florescent
          > lamp ballast.
          >

          > And yes, the electrical noise generated by the VFD will travel back through
          > the wiring in your home. The best place to take care of the noise is as
          > close to the source as possible.
          >

          > Jeff Birt
          >
          > Soigeneris.com

        • Stephen Muscato
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 3, 2012
            And do not forget to shut off any Virus programs.

            Steve