Jog Mode

  • Metalman
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2012
      How do I get the Jog Mode to work on Mach3. I used in 2 alot and cant seem to get it to work in the Mach3
    • tmday7
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2012
        The tab flyout doesn't work?
        Troy

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Metalman" <artman410@...> wrote:

        > How do I get the Jog Mode to work on Mach3. I used in 2 alot and cant seem to get it to work in the Mach3

      • wally f
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
          Dont know what the tab flyout is. I click on the Jog On/Off ,thats the only way I know to use it.

          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
            Hit your Tab key on keyboard. It brings out a type of "MPG" with Jog Controls on it.

            HTH
            Troy

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
              Holy smokes...LOL yes it did. Can you in short tell me how it works. Say i want to cut 22 Y then 12 x.

              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                I got it to move,but its slow. Where do you type in the speed rate,as well as how far you want it to cut

                Hit your Tab key on keyboard. It brings out a type of "MPG" with Jog Controls on it.

                HTH
                Troy

                > Dont know what the tab flyout is. I click on the Jog On/Off ,thats the only way I know to use it.

              • John Best
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                  Troy,

                  What’s the ‘MPG’ stand for? I think Miles Per Gallon naturally.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                    :) Manual Pulse Generator.

                    Troy

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                      I get it to move,but I want to cut a 12" Y at speed off 110 IMP where do I set this up. As I said before Mach 2 you type in feed rate and how long and hit the arrow.
                               Wally

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                        Click and type in under text MPG Feedrate.
                        Click and type in DRO beside Cycle0 Jog Step.

                        KEEP IN MIND that the MPG step move is only meant to go small distances(no more than 1.inch).

                        Example of how you want to use it and a side effect:

                        If you had an edgefinder on part you would set Step to .001 and each push of arrow button on keyboard would make axis step .001 toward part.
                        So... if in previous setup you had Step amount to 22 inches feedrate to ???? (and forgot!!) then on next setup you are using an edgefinder and pushed arrow button!!!!!!! Good bye to edgefinder:)

                        Be carefull when using the Jog function like this!!!
                        I recommend either holding down Jog button in Continuous Jog Mode or simple do an MDI.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                          Im using it on a plasma table. I got it to move a 1" on Y and X ,so I see now how to do that. The speed is slow slow slow. What your saying is I can use it as I did in Mach2 and set speed then how long and cut.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                            Not sure about Mach2, never used it. But, make sure that the "Slow Jog Rate" is set to 100%(Down toward bottom of flyout). Then type in the MPG Feedrate the feed you want.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                              Sorry forget the "Then type in the MPG Feedrate the feed you want. "

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                I have a custom screen set that has this on my screen, i forgot how the flyout actually worked. :) Sorry.

                                On main screen, type in Feedrate DRO the feed you want. Then open flyout and set the Step amount you want to move. Still make sure that the Slow Jog Rate is set to 100%, unless you want it at something other than 100% of your feed rate.

                                Troy

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                  When in cont. it runs at set feed rate. When in step it runns slow. That is with Slow Jog at 100% and my MPG at the rate I want.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                    O Yea...Got it to work. Dual screen settings. Set speed on main screen then flyout.
                                     Thanks so much. What a great help. Enjoy your 4th of July day.
                                                       Thanks Irondesigning@...

                                    I have a custom screen set that has this on my screen, i forgot how the flyout actually worked. :) Sorry.

                                    On main screen, type in Feedrate DRO the feed you want. Then open flyout and set the Step amount you want to move. Still make sure that the Slow Jog Rate is set to 100%, unless you want it at something other than 100% of your feed rate.

                                    Troy

                                    --- In mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com, "tmday7" <brotroy7@...> wrote:

                                    > Sorry forget the "Then type in the MPG Feedrate the feed you want. "
                                    >
                                    > --- In mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com, "tmday7" <brotroy7@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Not sure about Mach2, never used it. But, make sure that the "Slow Jog Rate" is set to 100%(Down toward bottom of flyout). Then type in the MPG Feedrate the feed you want.
                                    > >
                                    > > Troy
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com, wally f <artman410@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Im using it on a plasma table. I got it to move a 1" on Y and X ,so I see now how to do that. The speed is slow slow slow. What your saying is I can use it as I did in Mach2 and set speed then how long and cut.

                                  • Rjreese29
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                      Hi,
                                      This maybe off topic for you (OT, so that's what it stands for), but a wonderful trait of Mach that I have been utilizing recently.

                                      In mdi line, enter what you want as fast as you can safely enter numbers into the mdi line. For eg

                                      Hit Enter key ( brings up mdi line)
                                      G1 f2
                                      X0y0 (Hit Enter key)
                                      X22 (Hit Enter key)
                                      Y12 (Hit Enter key)
                                      X0 (Hit Enter key)
                                      Y0 (Hit Enter key)

                                      I have recently become more savy to mdi and realized I don't have to wait for it to finish a move before entering another. I am slow like that, but thought I would share if you decide to use mdi. I have found myself much more productive using the mdi in this fashion.

                                      Rob

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                        So in MDI I can set up the next move for Jog.
                                        So can I cut with this MDI?
                                        I just done what you wrote and got it to work. But how do I get touch to work with it?

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                          Hi,
                                          Mdi stands for manual data input. You can type the values of the coordinates you want it to move to. You can cut in with use of the mdi line and the modal g1 with the f#. I would avoid cutting in g0 mode :)

                                          I don't understand what you mean by 'getting touch to work' , I may have missed your original question/challenge. I may have lead you off topic :(

                                          Rob

                                        • chuck
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jul 3, 2012
                                            Wally,
                                            I believe you meant torch as you said you're using a plasma setup earlier.
                                            I am curious why are you trying to make actual cuts in jog or MDI instead of writing a small G-code program to do what you want so you won't have to keep typing it in the MDI screen.
                                            Chuck

                                          • cnc2@digitalfires.com
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jul 5, 2012
                                              Another rarely mentioned and at one time undocumented feature
                                              (not sure how it's doumened of late) is the ability to put multiple
                                              commands on the smae command line seperated by collons:

                                              > G1 f2 : X0y0 : X22 : Y12 : X0 : Y0 (Hit Enter key)

                                              Works like a charm.

                                              Jeff

                                              On Tue, July 3, 2012 7:52 pm, Rjreese29 wrote:
                                              > Hi,
                                              > This maybe off topic for you (OT, so that's what it stands for), but a
                                              > wonderful trait of Mach that I have been utilizing recently.
                                              >
                                              > In mdi line, enter what you want as fast as you can safely enter numbers
                                              > into the mdi line. For eg
                                              >
                                              > Hit Enter key ( brings up mdi line)
                                              > G1 f2
                                              > X0y0 (Hit Enter key)
                                              > X22 (Hit Enter key)
                                              > Y12 (Hit Enter key)
                                              > X0 (Hit Enter key)
                                              > Y0 (Hit Enter key)
                                              >
                                              > I have recently become more savy to mdi and realized I don't have to wait
                                              > for it to finish a move before entering another. I am slow like that, but
                                              > thought I would share if you decide to use mdi. I have found myself much
                                              > more productive using the mdi in this fashion.
                                              >
                                              > Rob
                                            • Metalman
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jul 5, 2012
                                                Chuck, I use jog for straight burns. Have people that come in and want a piece cut. With jog it easy to put in the size and burn.
                                                Wally

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jul 6, 2012
                                                  I'll have to add a colon key to my 1980 cnc pokeys matrix keyboard. Nice one. Thanks

                                                  Rob