Re: How to active an output while a screen button is pressed.

  • Terry Parker
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14, 2012
      You could use one of the Jog controls for For B or C axis that just turns ON an led THen use a brain/macropump to monitor the led and turn the function on and off.

      Just a thought, (;-)TP

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Peter Homann <groups@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Just about to hit the sack, but I've been playing around with the I/O control
      > board for my soldering robot conversion to Mach3Is there a way to activate an
      > output, say OUTPUT2 while a screen button is being pressed.
      >
      > I don't want to just turn it on when a button is pressed, I want to have it on
      > while the button is pressed, turning off when the button is released.
      >
      > What I want is similar to a key down and key up event.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Peter.
      > --
      > eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
      > Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
      > email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
      > Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board

    • Peter Homann
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 15, 2012
        Hi Terry,

        Thanks, that should work, just hoping for a more straight forward method.

        Cheers,

        Peter.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 16, 2012
          Long ago I vaguely remember someone came up with a CB function that could do it I will search for it for you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 16, 2012
            HIYA Peter, Here is the catch 22. Mach3 does not activate a macro UNTILL you release the key(keyup). SO I cannot see any way to make the Keypress(down/up) function work on a key press as you cannot activate the macro on the keydown and on the keyup function it is too late as you no longer can see the keypress.

            Just a thought, (;-) TP

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 16, 2012
              Hi Terry,

              Appreciate it. On my soldering robot control there is an input that activates
              the pneumatic solenoid that lowers the iron to the board.

              In normal operation, when you command it to do a block(soldering operation),
              it does it all automatically.

              A manual control is needed when setting up the X/Y position for a joint to be
              soldered. It's needed to set the X and Y tool offsets, a bit like touching
              off. The iron comes in from an angle so you need to cheek it manually. It does
              mean that the Z axis height will have to be the same for every solder joint.

              The plan is to use tool 0 as the reference position by having the iron tip
              directly above the pin or joint to be soldered. Then as there are 30
              programmable soldering cycles in the soldering head controller unit, each
              cycle will be a different tool number. This is needed as each cycle has a
              theta value which is the soldering iron rotation. Since the iron tip does not
              align with the rotation axis, a set of X/Y tool offsets will be needed to
              compensate for the position displacement.

              The plan is to position tool 0 over a known position (pin or via ), and set
              the work position off this. Then I can use the pcb cad drill file to locate
              all the joints that need soldering.

              Well that the plan anyway. :)

              Over the weekend I soldered up the I/O interface board. It has 9 relay
              outputs, and about 20 opt-isolated inputs, so it takes up two parallel ports.
              Then there is the completed 3 axis motion interface board that I finished
              about a month ago.

              I'm using an Ethernet SmoothStepper motion controller as it has three parallel
              ports on it, and I'm using almost all of the available I/O.

              I'm looking forward to getting it up and running as the novelty of hand
              soldering wears thin fairly quickly.

              Cheers,

              Peter.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16, 2012
                Hi Terry,

                Thanks for that. NOT. :)

                I might have to use your phantom axis jog method. A brain that sets a jog
                active led to an output may do it.

                Cheers,

                Peter.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16, 2012
                  On the Phantom axis jog routine you may just want to LOOK at the axis vel and DO WHILE axis vel > 0 .

                  Maybe maybe not(;-), (;-) TP