Re: CSS thread, Brian care to weigh in with your thoughts?

  • Hood
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2012
      As far as I have been told, by Brian, over the years it will only be fixed in Rev 4 as its not possible or possibly not easy to fix in Mach3.

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "G_Mouer" <gmouer@...> wrote:

      > I was hoping Brian would weigh in with his thoughts on this. CSS is a very important feature on a cnc lathe afterall. I seen reference to Mach4 addressing this but that is quite a ways down the road yet for people using their lathes daily.

    • G_Mouer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2012
        Is this one of those things that used to work way back when, and went funny over the different versions? Just curious.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2012
          It has never worked for me but I have only had a servo on the lathes spindle for probably 4 years so whether it worked before I cant say. Prior to that the lathe had a 17HP induction motor and speed ranges were selected by electromagnetic clutches in a gearbox and thus I could only have 8 fixed speeds in each of the two ranges and due to that CSS could not be used or tested.
          Hood

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2012
            Hello,
            There is NO way that I can add it to Mach3 I looked :( . Hood is a major
            reason for the new Mach4 . He was asking for things that we couldn't do
            in the code base that we had. The good news is that Mach4 is going
            better then we where thinking it was going to. We should be working on
            scripting soon! As the other programmer is working on scripting and IO I
            will be doing what I can for the Lathe side. I need to add code for CSS
            , Single Block , Block Skip and so on. FeedOverride is as fast as it can
            be.. The faster the motion device is doing the update cycle the faster
            you will see the reaction of the FRO and feedhold. Multi line MDI is
            done and working (you can cut and paste a full file in MDI if you
            wanted). Also MDI is working with Cycle start Feedhold and so on. I
            can't stand the way it worked in the past with enter as it was not
            standard in industry..

            So hang in there.. we are working as fast as we can (and boy is it
            looking good)