RE: [mach1mach2cnc] using G2/G3 to cut circles

  • agm@agm.win.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2012
      I usually send the cutter to the center for inside and 1 inch away for
      outside circle and then make a g1 move to the radius. In the last line is a
      z move. G2 makes a 2 axis move in the Plane you describe like g17. A 3
      axis move is made by g12 and most machines will not do this.
      To sum up, make an approach move, add the Plane select, g17, remove the z
      move from the g2 command.
      Bob S