Re: NFS Rectangle Ramping issue

  • Ron Ginger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2012
      > Posted by: "Dave Sage"davesage12@... davesage12@...
      > Date: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > Yes, some of the NFS wizards have issues. I raised them on the NFS wizard
      > support forum on the Machsupport site but apparently the author is either
      > not following his own support forum or is not interested in fixing the
      > issues.

      I am not the author, but I am the support guy. I do follow this list and
      the forum very closely.

      Wizards are written to be simple solutions to some problems. They are
      not meant to be a universal solution to every need. The wizards have
      certain cutting strategies but not every possible one. In the case
      mentioned here the surface wizard uses a plan to make the total
      requested cut in as close as possible to even amounts less than the
      requested depth of cut. It is equally valid to make the total cut in
      exactly the depth requested, then make a final cut of something less if
      needed.

      I contend this is not a bug in the wizard, just a difference in opinion
      of how it should be done.

      ron ginger