Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: MACH3 setup issues - ports & pins/homing & limits - other possible issues

  • Jay Euto
    Message 1 of 45 , Nov 1, 2011
      Well as a matter of fact I have tried that, I had rulers and square out trying to measure distances etc., I wasn't sure about what I was doing, the box asks for increments but what units are those increments? What I set up initially, inches? Is it decimal based? I put in number 2 and it moved somehting like ~10 inches in one axis direction but not the other, so it confused me. This is the root of my problem, I don't know what I have steps I have missed since I do not have a list of steps to follow which need to be implemented and some sort of process to check that what I have done is sufficient. That being the case I am going to go back to square one and start all over, reinstall the software, reboot and start to fill out the configuration files for the fifth time. I have conflicting info on what XML file to use some people suggested GECKO 540 xml and others have said "no start with your own"...start with my own is really confusing because if you were
      to watch the video tutorials he contradicts settings or does not fully go over setting them, i.e. only fills out the x, or has all but x,y,z active low check boxes checked, I would do it opposite. I don't know if I am right so I sit and spin my wheels asking other people what they would do, like the people in this forum.

      This forum is the first forum where I felt like some sort of moron based on the replies.

      I will check my version, by the way my version is different than the video tutorials (makes for some confusion).
      I think it is prudent that I learn axis calibration, so I will figure it out with the manual formula.
      thanks.

      ________________________________
      From: Jay Euto <jayeuto@...>
      To: "mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com" <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 11:54 AM

      What is RTFM?

      Jay

      Message 45 of 45 , Nov 2, 2011
        Yes, I have gotten a little help from some of the people in this forum (Andy W. in particular). It is getting easier, unfortunately I have other responsibilities and it takes a lot of time away from what I want to do...I learned a few things and then due to time I forget them, I am coming out of one of those no time for CNC periods.
        Jay