Re: 5 axis simultaneous machining

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
      Hi

      If you want to see my creation, this is the link

      http://www.robotfactory.it/Cnc_News.htm

      My Cam program for 5 axis is Edgecam 2011R2 sp2...

      If you want I can give you an example of G-code.

      Andrea

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

      > Bob:
      >
      > Plan is a nice thing but did you actually know someone here that has done
      > this with Mach3 is exciting point to me. I am in US. Colin if you are ready
      > I can program in G code for you to test your machine. I do 5-axis
      > programming everyday.
      >
      > Thanks;
      >
      > Chris
      >

      > _____

    • rainnea
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
        Hi Chris,
        I've been using Mach3 for 5-axis simultaneous machining for years.
        Works pretty well !
        For videos, etc. see my site.
        Rab
        CNC Toolkit
        http://www.cnc-toolkit.com

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

        > Hello:
        >
        > Has anyone done the 5 axis simultaneous machining here with Mach 3?. If so
        > will you share your experiences was it 3+2 or a true 5 axis?. How did you
        > add your 5th is also valuable too.
        >
        > Thanks In advanced;
        >
        > Chris
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
          You have no 4 axes just wush you could. Where is the part?

          _____

          <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

          > Bob:
          >
          > Plan is a nice thing but did you actually know someone here that has done
          > this with Mach3 is exciting point to me. I am in US. Colin if you are
          ready
          > I can program in G code for you to test your machine. I do 5-axis
          > programming everyday.
          >
          > Thanks;
          >
          > Chris
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
          > 5 axis is on my list of things to do. I purchased the B C drives from
          Colin
          > Doughty in New Zealand. Colin may be able to give you some help. I am
          > building a control box for one of his customers. The customer lives in
          > Australia.
          >
          > Colin has a set of plans for his 5 axis machine.
          >
          > Bob Campbell

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
            It looks awful what you have. It is good for swing machine

            _____

            I've been using Mach3 for 5-axis simultaneous machining for years.
            Works pretty well !
            For videos, etc. see my site.
            Rab
            CNC Toolkit
            http://www.cnc-toolkit.com

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

            > Hello:
            >
            > Has anyone done the 5 axis simultaneous machining here with Mach 3?. If so
            > will you share your experiences was it 3+2 or a true 5 axis?. How did you
            > add your 5th is also valuable too.
            >
            > Thanks In advanced;
            >
            > Chris

          • art2
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
              Chris:

              What you seem to be asking about is if Mach3 will do autokinematic type of 5th axis. The answer is no.
              Mach3 can control a 6 axis machine, but only as an interpreter of direct commands.

              What your considering "true" 5 axis I suspect ..is a machine that when presented with a command
              such as G1X10Y10Z3 will then move all 5 or 6 axis to move the tool tip to that coordinate while keeping
              the tool tangent to the workpiece. Mach3 will not do such kinematic work, all commands neem to be fully explicit,
              and to move 5 axis, all 5 axis must be commanded.

              There is no kinematic mode in Mach3, so the cam program must handle all kinematic translations and worry about
              dead zones, backlash considerations, axis nonintuitive reversals and collision avoidance.. So the answer to the
              question "Can Mach3 handle 5 axis" is Yes, but only in controller mode, not in a realtime kinematic mode.

              www.gearotic.com

              It looks awful what you have. It is good for swing machine

              _____

              I've been using Mach3 for 5-axis simultaneous machining for years.
              Works pretty well !
              For videos, etc. see my site.
              Rab
              CNC Toolkit
              http://www.cnc-toolkit.com

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

              > Hello:
              >
              > Has anyone done the 5 axis simultaneous machining here with Mach 3?. If so
              > will you share your experiences was it 3+2 or a true 5 axis?. How did you
              > add your 5th is also valuable too.
              >
              > Thanks In advanced;
              >
              > Chris

            • "hanermo" - CNC 6-axis Designs
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
                Art ...
                Thanks for a polite, concise, correct explanation.

                > Chris:
                >
                > What you seem to be asking about is if Mach3 will do autokinematic
                > type of 5th axis. The answer is no.
                > Mach3 can control a 6 axis machine, but only as an interpreter of
                > direct commands.
                >
                > What your considering "true" 5 axis I suspect ..is a machine that when
                > presented with a command
                > such as G1X10Y10Z3 will then move all 5 or 6 axis to move the tool tip
                > to that coordinate while keeping
                > the tool tangent to the workpiece. Mach3 will not do such kinematic
                > work, all commands neem to be fully explicit,
                > and to move 5 axis, all 5 axis must be commanded.
                >
                > There is no kinematic mode in Mach3, so the cam program must handle
                > all kinematic translations and worry about
                > dead zones, backlash considerations, axis nonintuitive reversals and
                > collision avoidance.. So the answer to the
                > question "Can Mach3 handle 5 axis" is Yes, but only in controller
                > mode, not in a realtime kinematic mode.

                > www.gearotic.com

              • Lester Caine
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
                  art2 wrote:
                  > Mach3 will not do such kinematic work, all commands neem to be fully explicit,
                  > and to move 5 axis, all 5 axis must be commanded.

                  And Rab's CNCToolkit will create such a set of commands which work well for many
                  users ...

                  --
                  Lester Caine - G8HFL
                  -----------------------------
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
                    So Mach3 is dead head in true 5 axes machining. Dead zone is a big NO. Non
                    the less the tool path is always posted by CAM . And it means to keep tool
                    motion tangent to work piece at all times!.

                    _____

                    From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                    I've been using Mach3 for 5-axis simultaneous machining for years.
                    Works pretty well !
                    For videos, etc. see my site.
                    Rab
                    CNC Toolkit
                    http://www.cnc-toolkit.com

                    --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
                    <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris <microcnc_31@...> wrote:

                    > Hello:
                    >
                    > Has anyone done the 5 axis simultaneous machining here with Mach 3?. If so
                    > will you share your experiences was it 3+2 or a true 5 axis?. How did you
                    > add your 5th is also valuable too.
                    >
                    > Thanks In advanced;
                    >
                    > Chris

                  • Jarrett Johnson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 3, 2011
                      Chris I have such a CAM/post and while I have not yet 'run' 5 axis code
                      it should be happening here in the not to distant future..  What form
                      of CAM are you currently using to create your code?

                      J. Johnson