Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Some axis not working together

  • Tony Vincent
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
      On 1/10/2011 1:48 p.m., Andy Wander wrote:

      > See if it acts the same way using MDI.

      It does. I switched the X and Y axis motors and the problem switched
      with it, I think it must be on the X axis side somewhere.

    • Brian Klemis
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
        Hello,
        Had similar proble with a customers setup, all we did was go back to a working copy from the xml backup.
        Seems like the xml was corrupted, not sure this is your problem but if you don't have a known good copy then try making a new profile.
        thanks, Brian.

      • Tony Vincent
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
          On 2/10/2011 12:01 a.m., Brian Klemis wrote:

          > Had similar proble with a customers setup,Seems like the xml was
          > corrupted,

          Hi Brian.
          I havn't had this working correctly yet. I've only just finished
          construction and have had the problem from scratch.
          I used a HobbyCNC kit to build the board so maybe didn't run the solder
          properly on all joints although the HobbyCNC
          supplier doubted it would be the cause of the fault.

          The problem is only with the X axis interfering with the other two. Y
          and Z work perfectly together.

        • Andy Wander
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
            Tony:

            Did you try from the MDI line as I suggested?

            Andy Wander

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
              On 2/10/2011 12:31 p.m., Andy Wander wrote:

              > Tony:
              >
              > Did you try from the MDI line as I suggested?

              Hi Andy,
              Yea, same problem. I am in the process of changing everything!
              Different computor, cables, and Mach instalation. Will see what happens.

            • Tony Vincent
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
                Problem solved finally. It was a faulty keyboard. Even after swapping
                every part out I still had the fault. Unfortunately I had the same
                problem on two different make keyboards!

                I finally replaced _every_ component a third time and it worked ok.
                Swapped each part back again untill the problem re-appeared.

                Thanks for the help folks. Let this be a lesson to me....triple redundancy!

                Regards, Tony

              • Ron Thompson
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
                  On 10/1/2011 8:19 PM, Tony Vincent wrote:
                  > Problem solved finally. It was a faulty keyboard. Even after swapping
                  > every part out I still had the fault. Unfortunately I had the same
                  > problem on two different make keyboards!
                  >
                  > I finally replaced _every_ component a third time and it worked ok.
                  > Swapped each part back again untill the problem re-appeared.
                  >
                  > Thanks for the help folks. Let this be a lesson to me....triple
                  > redundancy!
                  >
                  > Regards, Tony
                  It seems to me, if you had run MDI, that should have worked even with a
                  faulty keyboard.

                  --

                  Ron Thompson

                  There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
                  1. This is what I have done...
                  2. This is what I think...
                  Be aware of the difference!

                  http://www.ourcadguy.com/

                  Visit the castinghobby FAQ:
                • Andy Wander
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
                    Tony:

                    I am sure glad you got it working.

                    But, if it was the keyboard, MDI commands should have worked fine.

                    I have seen some keyboards that won't allow some key combinations, but it has been a while.

                    Andy Wander

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 1, 2011
                      On 2/10/2011 4:28 p.m., Andy Wander wrote:

                      > Tony:
                      >
                      > I am sure glad you got it working.
                      >

                      > I have seen some keyboards that won't allow some key combinations, but
                      > it has been a while.

                      Hi Andy,
                      I managed to get two different keyboards with the exact same problem.

                    • hemsworthlad
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 2, 2011
                        So did you actually try MDI or not.?

                        MDI is very good for testing things like this and setting up the machine etc so don't be to proud to say if you don't know Gcode commands or how to use MDI.! . . . Taking the time to learn will pay meny fold.

                        Also a great way to learn Gcode.