Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Gcode manual

  • Gaston Gagnon
    Message 1 of 19 , May 2, 2011
      Could it be "Introduction to CNC Programming by Bob LeMaster at University
      of Tennessee at Martin?
      Gaston

      --
      Gaston
      http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon/

    • Mark Mickelsen
      Message 2 of 19 , May 2, 2011
        I don't know. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything like it.
        I've got to go to an appointment right now so I can't do more searching
        until later. Meanwhile, do you have a link to it?
        Mark

        On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Gaston Gagnon <gaston.gagnon@...>wrote:

        > Could it be "Introduction to CNC Programming by Bob LeMaster at University
        > of Tennessee at Martin?
        > Gaston
        >

        > On 2011-05-02 12:06, msmickelsen wrote:
        > > I know that I have seen somewhere some very some very complete
        > documentation for gcodes and the gcode standard. If memory serves (and
        > that's a real "if" these days), it was written by a school group like DECA,
        > or something like it. I've searched the web but haven't been able to find
        > it. If someone recognizes what I'm talking about, could you tell me where it
        > is located?
        > > Thanks,
        > > Mark
        >
        > --
        > Gaston
        > http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon/

      • H Hatem
        Message 3 of 19 , May 2, 2011
          In my opinion the best book on CNC programming and understanding of G-code
          is "CNC programming handbook by Peter Smid" ISBN 978-0-8311-3347-4. Some
          consider it a bit pricey but it's the last one you'll need.

          All the best, Henry

          --
          Gaston
          http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon/

        • John Ingham
          Message 4 of 19 , May 2, 2011
            Hi Mark,
            *_Peter Smid_* has several books out that cover CNC programming.
            Check with your local library or online. He also has a book out on
            Fanuc macros.
            And I think that Brian Barker has followed his stuff for the upcoming(?)
            release of Mach4.
            regards
            JWI

            On 5/2/2011 9:06 AM, msmickelsen wrote:

            > I know that I have seen somewhere some very some very complete
            > documentation for gcodes and the gcode standard. If memory serves (and
            > that's a real "if" these days), it was written by a school group like
            > DECA, or something like it. I've searched the web but haven't been
            > able to find it. If someone recognizes what I'm talking about, could
            > you tell me where it is located?
            > Thanks,
            > Mark

          • Miroslav Pejic
            Message 5 of 19 , May 2, 2011
              Here you can download the book, after free registration:
              http://library.nu/search?q=CNC%20programming%20handbook%20by%20Peter%20Smid
              Miro

            • Mark Mickelsen
              Message 6 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                Hi Miroslav,
                I found the library, got registered, and found the book, but I can't see how
                you download it. Do I have to install something on my computer?
                Thanks,
                Mark

                On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Miroslav Pejic <mrpeja@...> wrote:

                > Here you can download the book, after free registration:
                > http://library.nu/search?q=CNC%20programming%20handbook%20by%20Peter%20Smid
                > Miro

              • Miroslav Pejic
                Message 7 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                  Hi Mark,
                  First you click on book name
                  New page will open with external links.
                  Choose ifile.it
                  Then click on "request download ticket"
                  Finally click on download
                  Miro

                  On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Mark Mickelsen <msmickelsen@...>wrote:

                  > Hi Miroslav,
                  > I found the library, got registered, and found the book, but I can't see
                  > how
                  > you download it. Do I have to install something on my computer?
                  > Thanks,
                  > Mark
                  >
                  > On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Miroslav Pejic <mrpeja@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Here you can download the book, after free registration:
                  > >
                  > http://library.nu/search?q=CNC%20programming%20handbook%20by%20Peter%20Smid
                  > > Miro

                • Gaston Gagnon
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                    On 2011-05-02 15:17, Mark Mickelsen wrote:
                    > I don't know. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything like it.
                    > I've got to go to an appointment right now so I can't do more searching
                    > until later. Meanwhile, do you have a link to it?
                    No link but I have the pdf file. Let me know if you want it.
                    Gaston

                    Message 9 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                      Hi Miro,
                      Got it! Thanks.
                      Mark

                      On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Miroslav Pejic <mrpeja@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Mark,
                      > First you click on book name
                      > New page will open with external links.
                      > Choose ifile.it
                      > Then click on "request download ticket"
                      > Finally click on download
                      > Miro
                      >
                      > On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Mark Mickelsen <msmickelsen@...
                      > >wrote:
                      >

                      > > Hi Miroslav,
                      > > I found the library, got registered, and found the book, but I can't see
                      > > how
                      > > you download it. Do I have to install something on my computer?
                      > > Thanks,
                      > > Mark
                      > >
                      > > On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Miroslav Pejic <mrpeja@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > Here you can download the book, after free registration:
                      > > >

                      > http://library.nu/search?q=CNC%20programming%20handbook%20by%20Peter%20Smid
                      > > > Miro

                    • Mark Mickelsen
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 2, 2011
                        Thanks, Gaston. You're always willing to help. But I was able to download
                        it from the library.
                        Mark

                        On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Gaston Gagnon <gaston.gagnon@...>wrote:

                        > On 2011-05-02 15:17, Mark Mickelsen wrote:
                        > > I don't know. I did a quick google search and didn't find anything like
                        > it.
                        > > I've got to go to an appointment right now so I can't do more searching
                        > > until later. Meanwhile, do you have a link to it?
                        > No link but I have the pdf file. Let me know if you want it.
                        > Gaston
                        >

                        > --
                        > Gaston
                        > http://public.fotki.com/Gaston-Gagnon/

                      • johntech
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                          I clicked on the link below to get the file and all I got was a blank screen saying "not authorized to access resource"
                          Can some one put it in the files section so I can download? Thanks

                          John

                          Message 12 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                            The file is there. You just have to register in order to access it. Don't
                            worry. Registering is free and easy. Then login and click the "Keep me
                            logged in" button. Now go back and click on the link that Miro gave and
                            follow his instructions for downloading. It worked for me.
                            Mark

                            On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 5:54 AM, johntech <beebear@...> wrote:

                            > I clicked on the link below to get the file and all I got was a blank
                            > screen saying "not authorized to access resource"
                            > Can some one put it in the files section so I can download? Thanks
                            >
                            > John

                          • George Steube
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                              I had the same problem, after I registered MS security kept stopping the
                              download now I can't open the page.
                              George

                              The file is there. You just have to register in order to access it. Don't
                              worry. Registering is free and easy. Then login and click the "Keep me
                              logged in" button. Now go back and click on the link that Miro gave and
                              follow his instructions for downloading. It worked for me.
                              Mark

                              On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 5:54 AM, johntech <beebear@...> wrote:

                              > I clicked on the link below to get the file and all I got was a blank
                              > screen saying "not authorized to access resource"
                              > Can some one put it in the files section so I can download? Thanks
                              >
                              > John

                            • Jeffrey T. Birt
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                AFAIK, the book in question is copyrighted, and the guy that wrote it makes
                                his living writing such books. Does not seem right to me to try and get it
                                for free.

                                I could be wrong, maybe it is an old version that has been made public, but
                                the fact that a virus programming is giving you fits would seem to signal
                                that the website is likely pushing viruses and such with their 'free'
                                downloads. Best to stay far away.

                                Jeff Birt

                                Soigeneris.com

                                <mailto:beebear%40bex.net> > wrote:

                                > I clicked on the link below to get the file and all I got was a blank
                                > screen saying "not authorized to access resource"
                                > Can some one put it in the files section so I can download? Thanks
                                >
                                > John

                              • Jamie Cunningham
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                  I am a little leery of the site - call me paranoid but I don't like it that
                                  they require a gmail email - a lot of people use the same passwords for
                                  accounts and this makes me feel like I am compromising my gmail account

                                  for those of you that have done this - I'd change my gmail password - just
                                  to be safe

                                  signed - paranoid :)

                                  On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM, George Steube <at6c@...> wrote:

                                  > I had the same problem, after I registered MS security kept stopping the
                                  > download now I can't open the page.
                                  > George

                                • johntech
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                    Well I created a Gmail account, got the file AND found a slew of other books
                                    I had been looking for . What a great find!!

                                    Thanks

                                    John
                                    > The file is there. You just have to register in order to access it.
                                    > Don't
                                    > worry. Registering is free and easy. Then login and click the "Keep me
                                    > logged in" button. Now go back and click on the link that Miro gave and
                                    > follow his instructions for downloading. It worked for me.
                                    > Mark

                                  • Lester Caine
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                      Jeffrey T. Birt wrote:
                                      > AFAIK, the book in question is copyrighted, and the guy that wrote it makes
                                      > his living writing such books. Does not seem right to me to try and get it
                                      > for free.
                                      >
                                      > I could be wrong, maybe it is an old version that has been made public, but
                                      > the fact that a virus programming is giving you fits would seem to signal
                                      > that the website is likely pushing viruses and such with their 'free'
                                      > downloads. Best to stay far away.

                                      I had the same thought ... and don't even want a google email account anyway ...
                                      but the same pdf's are available from various sources and I actually have a copy
                                      from one of the alternatives.

                                      The question is "Is it legit?" - A number of the sites do say 'for poor students
                                      - please think about buying'. So I would not want to post a link unless someone
                                      identifies that it IS a legitimate copy.

                                      --
                                      Lester Caine - G8HFL
                                      Message 18 of 19 , May 3, 2011
                                        Hi Jamie,
                                        I have experienced once fishing my gmail account because I used the same
                                        password for gmail and for registration to other sites or forums. Then my
                                        son (guru [?]) advised me to have unique password only for gmail and other
                                        password for all other purposes. Until now (two years) I have no more
                                        problems.
                                        Regards,
                                        Miro