How to control solenoid valve with mach3 ?

  • SamakthachaiP
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      Hello Experters,
      I try to control air solenoid valves to turn on/off air- cylinder.
      I use solenoid valves 220 volts to link solid states relay. I know the signal 5Vdc of mach3 can control solid states relay. I set output on port and pins to pin 16 but I don't know how to control solenoid valve with mach3 ?

      Hope your help
      Ton
    • danmauch
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2011
        You need to go to Config>Port and PIn>Spindle Setup> and then make sure that Disable Flood/Mill relays is Unchecked and then set M7 as the output # for the Output number that you have for pin 16.
        The in mach3 MDI enter the command M7 this should turn on the SS relay and if you enter the command M9 it will shut off.

        Dan Mauch
        www.camtronics-cnc.com
        kits, custom and assembled CNC systems using Gecko Products