Text engaving wizard problems

  • Matt Botherway
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011
      Hi all

      Does anybody ever have trouble with the Text Engraving v4 wizard (ie the one
      that comes with Mach3) sometimes not working? I've had a few times where I
      put in my text, hit write and nothing happens. I have figures in all the
      boxes, and I've checked they are correct. As I said, sometimes it works,
      sometimes it doesn't. It seems very hit and miss and I can't put it down to
      anything. It doesn't generate any errors or anything, it just does nothing.
      I tried for about 10 minutes yesterday and ended up using the wizard on my
      development machine and copying the file over.

      Any ideas to check?

      Cheers - Matt

    • Ger
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2011
        If it's not working, then there's something you'e missing. Triple check
        everything. The most common miss is not choosing a font. I've found that
        once you have everything set up, choose "Save Settings". Once saved,
        choosing a font will be the only thing needed for it to work every time.

        Gerry

        > Does anybody ever have trouble with the Text Engraving v4 wizard (ie the
        > one
        > that comes with Mach3) sometimes not working? I've had a few times where I
        > put in my text, hit write and nothing happens. I have figures in all the
        > boxes, and I've checked they are correct. As I said, sometimes it works,
        > sometimes it doesn't. It seems very hit and miss and I can't put it down
        > anything. It doesn't generate any errors or anything, it just does
        > nothing.
        > I tried for about 10 minutes yesterday and ended up using the wizard on my
        > development machine and copying the file over.
        >

        > Any ideas to check?
        >

        > Cheers - Matt

      • Matt Botherway
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2011
          I've selected "script", I've even selected it BEFORE I type in the text as I
          saw someone mention that once, I've selected direction, x & y location, text
          height, rapid height, z top, depth, separation, metric, coolant off (and
          coolant on), CW, no toolchange (and toolchange). I think I've clicked on
          every single box, and even the ones I don't want just to check.

          I normally use the save settings box too as I often do serial numbers where
          I just go back into it and change the last number and go again.

          Matt

          > Does anybody ever have trouble with the Text Engraving v4 wizard (ie the
          > one
          > that comes with Mach3) sometimes not working? I've had a few times where I
          > put in my text, hit write and nothing happens. I have figures in all the
          > boxes, and I've checked they are correct. As I said, sometimes it works,
          > sometimes it doesn't. It seems very hit and miss and I can't put it down
          > anything. It doesn't generate any errors or anything, it just does
          > nothing.
          > I tried for about 10 minutes yesterday and ended up using the wizard on my
          > development machine and copying the file over.
          >

          > Any ideas to check?
          >

          > Cheers - Matt

        • Wolgamott M
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2011
            Try hitting the enter key on your Keyboard?

            M. Wolgamott
            www.cnc-n-signs.com
            Pontiac, MI 48340
            248-812-1556 leave a message
            or return an Email mnwolgamott@...

            > Does anybody ever have trouble with the Text Engraving v4 wizard (ie the
            > one
            > that comes with Mach3) sometimes not working? I've had a few times where I
            > put in my text, hit write and nothing happens. I have figures in all the
            > boxes, and I've checked they are correct. As I said, sometimes it works,
            > sometimes it doesn't. It seems very hit and miss and I can't put it down
            > anything. It doesn't generate any errors or anything, it just does
            > nothing.
            > I tried for about 10 minutes yesterday and ended up using the wizard on my
            > development machine and copying the file over.
            >

            > Any ideas to check?
            >

            > Cheers - Matt

          • harpinbleu
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2011
              On my machine, the Wizard won't work unless Mach3 is in the "active" mode. Try hitting the "reset" button and try again.

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Ger" <CNCWoodworker@...> wrote:

              > If it's not working, then there's something you'e missing. Triple check
              > everything. The most common miss is not choosing a font. I've found that
              > once you have everything set up, choose "Save Settings". Once saved,
              > choosing a font will be the only thing needed for it to work every time.
              >
              > Gerry

            • John Ingham
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2011
                Is there anyone on the forum in Argentina that could help with with
                adapting Mach3 to a special machine?
                If so please contact me at jinghamjr at cox dot net
                thanks
                JWI
              • Richard
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2011
                  That most likely accounts for all my write issues as well. Now honestly, why does it matter and what was the thinking behind that?

                  Richard

                  On my machine, the Wizard won't work unless Mach3 is in the "active" mode. Try hitting the "reset" button and try again.

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Ger" <CNCWoodworker@...> wrote:

                  > If it's not working, then there's something you'e missing. Triple check
                  > everything. The most common miss is not choosing a font. I've found that
                  > once you have everything set up, choose "Save Settings". Once saved,
                  > choosing a font will be the only thing needed for it to work every time.
                  >
                  > Gerry

                • Matt Botherway
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2011
                    I've tried my hardware e-stop, the software e-stop, both with no difference.
                    Although I do have a brain running to auto reset mach3 when I reset my
                    hardware e-stop. But as I said in the original post, it works sometimes, and
                    sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to work out what changes between
                    it working and not working.

                    Matt