Re: I find I have to move from Mach to EMC

  • totallyrc
    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hi Steve,
      As posted on the Mach3 website there is on going development of the Mesa plugins for several of the Mesa cards.

      http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,87.0.html

      I am currently testing the 7i43H which is usb only.
      I will also be testing one of the PCI cards when it arrives here this week. 5i20 or 5i23.

      I will be posting updates on the Mach3 forum as the testing progresses.
      I have been very busy with OT but that seems to have slowed so I can get back to testing and getting my machines up to speed.

      Mike

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 10:58:48 +1100, you wrote:
      >

      > >The SS did have a problem with ground loops. A fix for this has been found and
      > >IIRC appears to work in 100% of cases.
      > >
      > >The Fix is documented on the MachSupport forum.
      > >http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16386.0.html
      > >
      > >Also Jeff Birt has documented the modification.
      > >http://www.soigeneris.com/document/smoothstepper_board_modification.pdf
      > >
      > >Also the fix is now implemented by Warp9TD in all new SS supplied.
      >
      > Thanks for the info Peter, 3 years to get a supposed fix effectively
      > closed some commercial doors, probably permanently.
      >
      > I'd be more interested to see a mach plugin for this
      >
      > http://www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i43ds.pdf
      >
      > I know that card works on parallel, I did an 4 axis EMC conversion using
      > servos, works flawlessly. Unfortunately it ONLY works with EPP, and most
      > of the EPP cards use Netmos chipsets which simply don't work properly.
      > They don't handle the synchronization between the CPU and the WAIT line
      > on the EPP bus as per IEEE-1284 standard.
      >
      > ITE8875F chip does not work either.
      >
      > EMC does not support USB - they consider it's not "realtime" enough and
      > won't even consider it.
      >
      > Now if somebody wrote a Mach plugin...
      >
      > If anybody well versed in writing Mach plugins, or thinks they are
      > qualified to do so, please contact me off list.
      >
      > Steve Blackmore
      > --

    • Renewables Not Reactors
      Message 66 of 66 , Jul 10, 2011