Re: I find I have to move from Mach to EMC

  • handsmfg
    Message 1 of 66 , Dec 31, 2010
      Steve are you still Mach 3 or did you go to EMC? I tried EMC and never could get it to work. For the price and what Mach 3 will do I'm stuck on Mach. With the release of MSM as a addon for Mach 3 the screens are new and fresh and the probing features and TLO feature are so well worth staying with Mash 3. Just waiting for Ver. 4 to come out sounds like the CPU load will be alot less in V4. Just my 2 cents.

      Eric

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Steve Blackmore <steve@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:28:59 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
      >
      > >Thanks for the comments, Steve. Was always wondering what flaws did EMC have
      > >compared to Mach3.
      > >
      > >By the way, you may already know it, but in case you don't, threading with the
      > >Smooth Stepper works excellent!
      >
      > You sure the pitch doesn't diminish ?
      >
      > Like many others, I could never get a smoothstepper to work reliably due
      > to it's inbuilt ground loop and flaky USB reliability.
      >
      > Steve Blackmore
      > --

    • Renewables Not Reactors
      Message 66 of 66 , Jul 10, 2011