Re: Another G-Code noob :)

  • cpspam
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
      Even reducing the Posted speed to 100mm/min still has the code stalling then suddenly racing with no DRO change.

      I've used Mach3 to cut plenty of things over the years so I'm pretty sure all my settings are fine in Mach3 so I'm guessing its a Post Processing problem throwing bad code from VisualMill but then again they have had lots of time to iron that out.
    • cpspam
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
        Even reducing the Posted speed to 100mm/min still has the code stalling then suddenly racing with no DRO change.

        I've used Mach3 to cut plenty of things over the years so I'm pretty sure all my settings are fine in Mach3 so I'm guessing its a Post Processing problem throwing bad code from VisualMill but then again they have had lots of time to iron that out.
      • Jamie Cunningham
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
          gotcha - for some reason I was thinking this was not an established machine
          - my bad...

          maybe take a look at some code that runs well on your machine and see what
          the differences are at the beginning?

          Jamie
          Check out my CNC Projects and more at http://www.backyard-workshop.com

          On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM, cpspam <cpspam@...> wrote:

          > Even reducing the Posted speed to 100mm/min still has the code stalling
          > then suddenly racing with no DRO change.
          >
          > I've used Mach3 to cut plenty of things over the years so I'm pretty sure
          > all my settings are fine in Mach3 so I'm guessing its a Post Processing
          > problem throwing bad code from VisualMill but then again they have had lots
          > of time to iron that out.

        • cpspam
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
            SOLVED: Uninstall Mach3 then reinstall Mach3. Must have been a screwed driver somewhere.

            Thanks for your ideas Jamie.

            Rod