Re: [mach1mach2cnc] OT: Chinese Spindles

  • eloid
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010
      who is your seller?

      ________________________________
      From: Ron Thompson <barebooger@...>
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, September 24, 2010 6:41:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] OT: Chinese Spindles

      First, I'd check for dirt or other crap in the collet bore. If the
      collet and bore were good (clean), I'd try another collet. Also, use a
      new tool to make sure there isn't a burr. And be sure the collet is
      closing completely and seated.

      If all that doesn't turn up the problem, I'd test the run out on the
      spindle bore. If it is indeed bad, I'd look to the seller for relief.

      --

      Ron Thompson

      Sometimes you just gotta do what makes you smile.<GRIN>

      Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

    • Ron Thompson
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 25, 2010
        I can't make sense of this. Maybe you need to change your font or use
        a spell checker. If English is not your first language, try using Google
        translate.

        Thank you.

        On 9/25/2010 6:54 AM, lover zain wrote:

        > RON.
        >         u can calen ur spindle bar and use ner tool in ur
        > spindlt i think u
        > will be clear with ur problem.
        >
        > ________________________________

      • ftkalcevic
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, eloid <eloid7@...> wrote:

          > who is your seller?

          love happy shopping. I've been in contact and he is trying to convince me that it is shipping damage, but it clearly looks like the internaly taper hasn't been machined properly.

          I ask for either another spindle that matches his ebay description, or a refund; he chose the refund. :(

          It is unfortunate. I've seen commentors on cnczone that are happy with their spindles. Others are not. I guess I lucked out.

          Can anyone suggest a reliable seller? Does anyone know how much a name brand quivalent spindle costs? (2.2kW, watercooled, 6k-24krpm) I don't mind spending more - I'm just a hobbiest, but I want the spindle to work each time I need it.
        • Gary Corlew
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
            Keling sells spindles, I have bought steppers from him with no problems

            http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCSpindleandController.html

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              Hi Ron, I think the translation below is correct:

              > > RON.
              > >         u can calen ur spindle bar and use ner tool in ur spindlt i think u will be clear with ur problem.

              Translation:

              You can clean your spindle bore and use a new tool in your spindle. I think you will be clear with your problem.

              Mr. Lover Zain must have big thumbs.

              spence

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                Thanks, this was an old post that showed up again for some reason.
                Thanks, Yahoo.