Re: Ecoder Position dro issue resolved

  • gimble88
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      Wow Brian,

      See now this is really great. I don't have to dream up cool features and then timidly ask if maybe it could be done. You're way out ahead of me, thinking of great things I'd never think of, making more work for yourself. :-)

      Spence

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        Best would be if an axis was disabled you would go automatically into
        Encoder mode.. This would make it so you could put only one axis at a
        time into the DRO mode :)

        Fun to dream of what can be done!

        I can't see why that wouldn't work..

        gimble88 wrote:
        > Wow Brian,
        >
        > See now this is really great. I don't have to dream up cool features and then timidly ask if maybe it could be done. You're way out ahead of me, thinking of great things I'd never think of, making more work for yourself. :-)
        >
        > Spence
        >
        > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Great, after playing with it here I can see how you would like it with a DRO on the screen and so on.. Makes me think that you will love the work shift that I have added too the new code base :) Also I think V4 needs a mode to use encoder feedback or Step pulses for position... Sure would be nice to not need to press the buttons for the To DRO and so on..
        >>

        >> Thanks
        >> Brian

      • gimble88
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Oh, I really like that idea. Disable a drive and have the dro change to encoder mode. Great idea.