Transfering DRO information to a second computer

  • Wendell and Janet Miller
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
      When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
      transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
      use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
      have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
      computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
      there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
      computer?
      Thanks
      Wendell
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hello,
        I did make a new serial plugin that "could" do this ... At this time you
        can do OEM buttons and setOEMDRO's with the plugin.. I need to make an
        output section to this plugin at some point and if I added that it would
        do what you are thinking about.

        For now you can copy the prob file and you should be all set.

        Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
        > When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
        > transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
        > use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
        > have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
        > computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
        > there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
        > computer?
        > Thanks
        > Wendell

      • Wendell and Janet Miller
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
          Thanks, Brian,
          I'd be grateful for the plug-in. By the way, I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but it's only 2 points that are being probed so they could be stored in an OEMDRO. It's for a measuring/centering device to measure the width and height of a door that is taken off a rack by a cnc-controlled arm before being sprayed by a CNC paint sprayer. The two devices need to interact continuously.
          I think I can find a way to make it work even without the plug-in, but the operating speed would be faster with the plug-in.
          Thanks again,

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            Hmm... I will think about this.. I think the serial plugin that I made
            could be changed to do what you would like to do...

            Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
            > Thanks, Brian,
            > I'd be grateful for the plug-in. By the way, I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but it's only 2 points that are being probed so they could be stored in an OEMDRO. It's for a measuring/centering device to measure the width and height of a door that is taken off a rack by a cnc-controlled arm before being sprayed by a CNC paint sprayer. The two devices need to interact continuously.
            > I think I can find a way to make it work even without the plug-in, but the operating speed would be faster with the plug-in.
            > Thanks again,
            > Wendell
            >

            > Hello,
            > I did make a new serial plugin that "could" do this ... At this time you
            > can do OEM buttons and setOEMDRO's with the plugin.. I need to make an
            > output section to this plugin at some point and if I added that it would
            > do what you are thinking about.
            >
            > For now you can copy the prob file and you should be all set.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Brian
            >
            > Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
            >
            >> When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
            >> transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
            >> use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
            >> have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
            >> computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
            >> there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
            >> computer?
            >> Thanks
            >> Wendell

          • Zafar Salam
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
              Brian,

              Where can we find that serial plugin.

              Zafar

              ________________________________
              Hmm... I will think about this.. I think the serial plugin that I made
              could be changed to do what you would like to do...

              Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
              > Thanks, Brian,
              > I'd be grateful for the plug-in. By the way, I don't know if it makes any
              >difference or not, but it's only 2 points that are being probed so they could be
              >stored in an OEMDRO. It's for a measuring/centering device to measure the width
              >and height of a door that is taken off a rack by a cnc-controlled arm before
              >being sprayed by a CNC paint sprayer. The two devices need to interact
              >continuously.
              > I think I can find a way to make it work even without the plug-in, but the
              >operating speed would be faster with the plug-in.
              > Thanks again,
              > Wendell
              >

              > Hello,
              > I did make a new serial plugin that "could" do this ... At this time you
              > can do OEM buttons and setOEMDRO's with the plugin.. I need to make an
              > output section to this plugin at some point and if I added that it would
              > do what you are thinking about.
              >
              > For now you can copy the prob file and you should be all set.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Brian
              >
              > Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
              >
              >> When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
              >> transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
              >> use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
              >> have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
              >> computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
              >> there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
              >> computer?
              >> Thanks
              >> Wendell

            • Wendell and Janet Miller
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                Thanks, Brian.
                I appreciate all the effort you put in to Mach 3 for us! I know you're busy with Version 4. Let us know if you come up with anything on this. By the way, I can use an output pin from one computer to switch on a relay that sinks an input pin on the second computer to activate the cycle start, right?

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
                  Hello, I have not released the plugin, I did this plugin to help an OEM
                  and when I had time I was going to add the rest of the features to make
                  it something that more people could use..

                  Zafar Salam wrote:
                  > Brian,
                  >
                  > Where can we find that serial plugin.
                  >
                  > Zafar
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                  >>> Thanks

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
                    Yes you can do this.. You would use an output and set the output to be
                    an OEMTrigger on the 2nd machine. The OEM Trigger would be setup under
                    config System Hotkeys.

                    Should have no trouble with that :)

                    Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
                    > Thanks, Brian.
                    > I appreciate all the effort you put in to Mach 3 for us! I know you're busy with Version 4. Let us know if you come up with anything on this. By the way, I can use an output pin from one computer to switch on a relay that sinks an input pin on the second computer to activate the cycle start, right?
                    > Wendell
                    >

                    > Hmm... I will think about this.. I think the serial plugin that I made
                    > could be changed to do what you would like to do...
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Brian
                    >
                    > Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
                    >
                    >> Thanks, Brian,
                    >> I'd be grateful for the plug-in. By the way, I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but it's only 2 points that are being probed so they could be stored in an OEMDRO. It's for a measuring/centering device to measure the width and height of a door that is taken off a rack by a cnc-controlled arm before being sprayed by a CNC paint sprayer. The two devices need to interact continuously.
                    >> I think I can find a way to make it work even without the plug-in, but the operating speed would be faster with the plug-in.
                    >> Thanks again,
                    >> Wendell
                    >>

                    >> Hello,
                    >> I did make a new serial plugin that "could" do this ... At this time you
                    >> can do OEM buttons and setOEMDRO's with the plugin.. I need to make an
                    >> output section to this plugin at some point and if I added that it would
                    >> do what you are thinking about.
                    >>
                    >> For now you can copy the prob file and you should be all set.
                    >>
                    >> Thanks
                    >> Brian
                    >>
                    >> Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
                    >>

                    >>> When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
                    >>> transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
                    >>> use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
                    >>> have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
                    >>> computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
                    >>> there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
                    >>> computer?
                    >>> Thanks