Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Engine frequency Vs Controller frequency confusion

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
      On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:00:26 -0000, you wrote:

      >Thanks alot Jeff, this has been driving me crazy.
      >The max parallel port speed was going to limit the top speed of my motor.

      Maybe, but that's only part of it <G>.The design of your machine will
      limit the top speed you can cut at. For instance on my router, it will
      rapid reliably at 6m/min (236 in/min) but will only cut reliably at
      4m/min or so on steppers. On servos it will rapid and cut at 6m/min. On
      steppers it's 1:1 drive, on servo's 1:2 (same 4mm pitch ballscrews). If
      I changed the ballscrews to 10mm pitch, the resolution would be less
      than acceptable on the steppers, but perfectly adequate on the servos,
      but in both instances it would move more than twice as fast.

      Steve Blackmore