Re: Thank you all of the mach team!

  • bennyattwell
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
      its held by vacuum . (onto 3 homemade plywood pods as the originals were missing) 100 cu metres pump size! the cutting bed is 10ft 6 long.
      she weighs 5 tonnes, its running off a big diesel 3 phase generator at the bottom of my garden! fun hobby!

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

      > Fantastic machine! Thanks for showing!
      >
      > By the way, how is the workpiece held?

    • Wolgamott M
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
        Amazing vision to see the posssible use for Mach3, I am impressed. how many axis
        are you using or are you using brains to somehow invoke a canned process?
         M. Wolgamott
        www.cnc-n-signs.com
        Pontiac, MI 48340
        248-812-1556 leave a message
        or return an Email mnwolgamott@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
          2 brains running. one simply to map input leds to screen, the other to show analogue converted spindle load from vfd on screen.
          everything else is done with just 10 extra vb macros. (5 used for different drilling sequences) The others for tool changing and general control sequencing etc
          its only a 3 axis. (the hardest part was working all those offsets with only 100mm total z axis travel!) thank god for the invention of limit switches during testing!
        • Daniel
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
            5 tonnes ha... quite a hobby ;-)

            Daniel

            ________________________________
            its held by vacuum . (onto 3 homemade plywood pods as the originals were
            missing) 100 cu metres pump size! the cutting bed is 10ft 6 long.
            she weighs 5 tonnes, its running off a big diesel 3 phase generator at the
            bottom of my garden! fun hobby!

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

            > Fantastic machine! Thanks for showing!
            >
            > By the way, how is the workpiece held?

          • Ger
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
              I meant "What are you using to create your g-code for that?" Can you show
              me a little sample of the G-code for the horizontal and vertical drilling?
              Our Masterwood used a special G-code with a tool number for horizontal
              drilling. Are you using M codes?

              Thanks,

              Gerry

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                in the header i would issue board parameters
                #1 length
                #2 width
                #3 thickness
                (used to set vacuum area etc)
                in drilling code
                #8=10 #9=200 #4=8 t212 m2000 (vertical drilling)
                #8 would be x coordinate #9 y coordinate #4 depth
                for horizontals add another parameter
                #8= #9= #10= #4= t231 m2001 (drilling towards x+)
                #8= #9= #10= #4= t241 m2002 (drilling towards x-) etc
                m2003 y-
                m2004 y+

                #10 gives a height from bottom to drill at
                if #10 is not used it defaults to half depth of board so drills in the middle (so mostly not needed)
                can also add #5 for feed speed which defaults to 1m/min if not used
                feed speeds are percentage reduced for drills over 15mm diameter anyway

                so. you can see from this its simple to program either added to gcode or in the mdi line etc. the mcodes called are easy to remember

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                  Yes, but are you writing all the code by hand, or do you have a CAM program
                  to output the code?

                  > in the header i would issue board parameters
                  > #1 length
                  > #2 width
                  > #3 thickness
                  > (used to set vacuum area etc)
                  > in drilling code
                  > #8=10 #9=200 #4=8 t212 m2000 (vertical drilling)
                  > #8 would be x coordinate #9 y coordinate #4 depth
                  > for horizontals add another parameter
                  > #8= #9= #10= #4= t231 m2001 (drilling towards x+)
                  > #8= #9= #10= #4= t241 m2002 (drilling towards x-) etc
                  > m2003 y-
                  > m2004 y+
                  >
                  > #10 gives a height from bottom to drill at
                  > if #10 is not used it defaults to half depth of board so drills in the
                  > middle (so mostly not needed)
                  > can also add #5 for feed speed which defaults to 1m/min if not used
                  > feed speeds are percentage reduced for drills over 15mm diameter anyway
                  >
                  > so. you can see from this its simple to program either added to gcode or
                  > in the mdi line etc. the mcodes called are easy to remember
                  >
                  > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Ger" <CNCWoodworker@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I meant "What are you using to create your g-code for that?" Can you
                  >> show
                  >> me a little sample of the G-code for the horizontal and vertical
                  >> drilling?
                  >> Our Masterwood used a special G-code with a tool number for horizontal
                  >> drilling. Are you using M codes?

                • Jeffrey T. Birt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                    Good grief what a lot of spindles to keep track of. Good work!

                    Jeffrey T. Birt

                    Soigeneris.com

                    304 Fox Creek Road

                    Rolla, MO 65401

                    573-647-9294

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                      give me a chance i only wrote the drilling macros yesterday!
                      i will write a post for sheetcam which is easy. i did one for the old biesse code.
                      i have already done part of one for vcarve. handles everything i need apart from drilling so far. il work around the drilling part on it soon.
                      the test code for the video was written by hand. took me 5 minutes.