Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Thank you all of the mach team!

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2010
      Fantastic machine! Thanks for showing!

      By the way, how is the workpiece held?

      Daniel

      ________________________________
      From: bennyattwell <battwell@...>
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, July 31, 2010 10:29:51 PM
      Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] Thank you all of the mach team!

      the last hurdle of my "big conversion" has been jumped
      id like to thank everyone for their help especially kenny for the superb galil
      plugin and the help getting the io bugs out of it in the last week.
      And to think. Camsoft said mach couldnt handle this sort of conversion(am i
      allowed to say that? tee hee! )
      The monster is finally programmed and working well enough to do its production
      testing now. Just uploaded a you tube video (and opened a bottle of beer! to
      celebrate) Thank you guys
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj45i-FGnY

    • bennyattwell
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
        its held by vacuum . (onto 3 homemade plywood pods as the originals were missing) 100 cu metres pump size! the cutting bed is 10ft 6 long.
        she weighs 5 tonnes, its running off a big diesel 3 phase generator at the bottom of my garden! fun hobby!

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

        > Fantastic machine! Thanks for showing!
        >
        > By the way, how is the workpiece held?

      • Wolgamott M
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
          Amazing vision to see the posssible use for Mach3, I am impressed. how many axis
          are you using or are you using brains to somehow invoke a canned process?
           M. Wolgamott
          www.cnc-n-signs.com
          Pontiac, MI 48340
          248-812-1556 leave a message
          or return an Email mnwolgamott@...

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
            2 brains running. one simply to map input leds to screen, the other to show analogue converted spindle load from vfd on screen.
            everything else is done with just 10 extra vb macros. (5 used for different drilling sequences) The others for tool changing and general control sequencing etc
            its only a 3 axis. (the hardest part was working all those offsets with only 100mm total z axis travel!) thank god for the invention of limit switches during testing!
          • Daniel
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
              5 tonnes ha... quite a hobby ;-)

              Daniel

              ________________________________
              its held by vacuum . (onto 3 homemade plywood pods as the originals were
              missing) 100 cu metres pump size! the cutting bed is 10ft 6 long.
              she weighs 5 tonnes, its running off a big diesel 3 phase generator at the
              bottom of my garden! fun hobby!

              --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

              > Fantastic machine! Thanks for showing!
              >
              > By the way, how is the workpiece held?

            • Ger
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                I meant "What are you using to create your g-code for that?" Can you show
                me a little sample of the G-code for the horizontal and vertical drilling?
                Our Masterwood used a special G-code with a tool number for horizontal
                drilling. Are you using M codes?

                Thanks,

                Gerry

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                  in the header i would issue board parameters
                  #1 length
                  #2 width
                  #3 thickness
                  (used to set vacuum area etc)
                  in drilling code
                  #8=10 #9=200 #4=8 t212 m2000 (vertical drilling)
                  #8 would be x coordinate #9 y coordinate #4 depth
                  for horizontals add another parameter
                  #8= #9= #10= #4= t231 m2001 (drilling towards x+)
                  #8= #9= #10= #4= t241 m2002 (drilling towards x-) etc
                  m2003 y-
                  m2004 y+

                  #10 gives a height from bottom to drill at
                  if #10 is not used it defaults to half depth of board so drills in the middle (so mostly not needed)
                  can also add #5 for feed speed which defaults to 1m/min if not used
                  feed speeds are percentage reduced for drills over 15mm diameter anyway

                  so. you can see from this its simple to program either added to gcode or in the mdi line etc. the mcodes called are easy to remember

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                    Yes, but are you writing all the code by hand, or do you have a CAM program
                    to output the code?

                    > in the header i would issue board parameters
                    > #1 length
                    > #2 width
                    > #3 thickness
                    > (used to set vacuum area etc)
                    > in drilling code
                    > #8=10 #9=200 #4=8 t212 m2000 (vertical drilling)
                    > #8 would be x coordinate #9 y coordinate #4 depth
                    > for horizontals add another parameter
                    > #8= #9= #10= #4= t231 m2001 (drilling towards x+)
                    > #8= #9= #10= #4= t241 m2002 (drilling towards x-) etc
                    > m2003 y-
                    > m2004 y+
                    >
                    > #10 gives a height from bottom to drill at
                    > if #10 is not used it defaults to half depth of board so drills in the
                    > middle (so mostly not needed)
                    > can also add #5 for feed speed which defaults to 1m/min if not used
                    > feed speeds are percentage reduced for drills over 15mm diameter anyway
                    >
                    > so. you can see from this its simple to program either added to gcode or
                    > in the mdi line etc. the mcodes called are easy to remember
                    >
                    > --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Ger" <CNCWoodworker@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> I meant "What are you using to create your g-code for that?" Can you
                    >> show
                    >> me a little sample of the G-code for the horizontal and vertical
                    >> drilling?
                    >> Our Masterwood used a special G-code with a tool number for horizontal
                    >> drilling. Are you using M codes?

                  • Jeffrey T. Birt
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                      Good grief what a lot of spindles to keep track of. Good work!

                      Jeffrey T. Birt

                      Soigeneris.com

                      304 Fox Creek Road

                      Rolla, MO 65401

                      573-647-9294

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
                        give me a chance i only wrote the drilling macros yesterday!
                        i will write a post for sheetcam which is easy. i did one for the old biesse code.
                        i have already done part of one for vcarve. handles everything i need apart from drilling so far. il work around the drilling part on it soon.
                        the test code for the video was written by hand. took me 5 minutes.