Re: [mach1mach2cnc] mach3 with window 7

  • Bear Boy
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      Sorry about the confusion, I was running Vista "64-bit" and got annoyed with all of the problems very fast; Most software including Mach did not work reliably.

      When windows 7 came out I picked up the 32-bit version with the thought that I might have better compatability....so far I am very happy with Windows 7 and its backwards compatibility; especially with the milling software.

      Maybe when I build my next machine I will experiment with the 64-Bit version.

      ________________________________
      From: mariozito2000@ yahoo.it
      Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:52:24 +0000
      Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] mach3 with window 7

      hi all

      is the last mach3 version compatible with window 7 ?

      thanks for answer

      Mario

      http://windows. microsoft. com/shop

    • chaz
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
         If you build it after Mach3 releases the 64-bit driver it'll probably work ...

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
          I am using Windows 7 64 bit with a Smooth Stepper and so far no problems.

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, chaz <csherrit@...> wrote:

          >  If you build it after Mach3 releases the 64-bit driver it'll probably work ...

        • Steven Pinnock
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
            Hi everyone

            I am trying to use Lazy turn to generate G code to run my
            Lathe under Mach 3

            I have drawn the profile I want imported it as a DXF file
            into Lazy Turn, I can set up the tool, roughing cuts, finishing cut and run the
            simulation no problem but when I post the g code I get a file which is blank. Please
            can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

            Please, Please, help

            Steve Leicesterhire England

              From: Bear Boy <bearboy53154@ yahoo.com>

              To: mach1mach2cnc@ yahoogroups. com