Re: [mach1mach2cnc] mach3 with window 7

  • art2
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31 9:11 PM
      thx... was hopefull fer a minute..lol

      From: Bear Boy
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] mach3 with window 7

      Correction; I am running Windows 7 32-Bit.

      ________________________________
      From: mariozito2000@ yahoo.it
      Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:52:24 +0000
      Subject: [mach1mach2cnc] mach3 with window 7

      hi all

      is the last mach3 version compatible with window 7 ?

      thanks for answer

      Mario

      http://windows. microsoft. com/shop

    • Bear Boy
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        Sorry about the confusion, I was running Vista "64-bit" and got annoyed with all of the problems very fast; Most software including Mach did not work reliably.

        When windows 7 came out I picked up the 32-bit version with the thought that I might have better compatability....so far I am very happy with Windows 7 and its backwards compatibility; especially with the milling software.

        Maybe when I build my next machine I will experiment with the 64-Bit version.

        ________________________________
        Correction; I am running Windows 7 32-Bit.

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
           If you build it after Mach3 releases the 64-bit driver it'll probably work ...

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
            I am using Windows 7 64 bit with a Smooth Stepper and so far no problems.

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, chaz <csherrit@...> wrote:

            >  If you build it after Mach3 releases the 64-bit driver it'll probably work ...

          • Steven Pinnock
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
              Hi everyone

              I am trying to use Lazy turn to generate G code to run my
              Lathe under Mach 3

              I have drawn the profile I want imported it as a DXF file
              into Lazy Turn, I can set up the tool, roughing cuts, finishing cut and run the
              simulation no problem but when I post the g code I get a file which is blank. Please
              can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

              Please, Please, help

              Steve Leicesterhire England

                From: Bear Boy <bearboy53154@ yahoo.com>

                To: mach1mach2cnc@ yahoogroups. com