Controlling Servos

  • Ragy Samy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      I'm having a problem with my servo motor .. I've made some tests and experiments until I was able to count the number of slots on its disk, which was found to be 400 slot .. now my problem is that the motor continues to rotate after stopping it due to its inertia, it passes by about 138 more slots than what it was programmed to .. what I need is a way that enables me to instantly stop the motor exactly when I want to do so.
      So can anyone advise me what to do ?

      Thanks in advance ..
      Ragy Samy Mohammad Bakry ..
      Student ..
    • fortino tan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        ragy,

        what is your servo motor? DC, AC servo? What brand did u used? Have u tune it the servo?

        Fortino

        To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
          > what is your servo motor? DC, AC servo?
          **I'm using DC servo.

          >What brand did u used? Have u tune it the servo?
          **sorry, but I don't think I've got what you mean, sir.