Question about an MPG and feed rate

  • 556RECON
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
      I am looking into getting a MPG but I had a thought come up. I you tell
      an axis to move 1" by way of an MPG is it going to rapid move there or
      can you set the speed by way of stetting the Feed rate?

      I know it would be easy to move it from the command line(if that is the
      correct terminology). But I was just thinking of cutting off a piece
      of something from the pendent and not using the keyboard.

      Maybe a dumb question.

      OLD BOB
    • stcnc2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi, This video will give you and idea of the inch movement.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKGabw603x0
        Cheers
        Bob A

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, 556RECON <556recon@...> wrote:

        > I am looking into getting a MPG but I had a thought come up. I you tell
        > an axis to move 1" by way of an MPG is it going to rapid move there or
        > can you set the speed by way of stetting the Feed rate?
        >
        > I know it would be easy to move it from the command line(if that is the
        > correct terminology). But I was just thinking of cutting off a piece
        > of something from the pendent and not using the keyboard.
        >
        > Maybe a dumb question.
        >
        > OLD BOB

      • himykabibble
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
          Bob,

          It will move at the current jog rate, which is selectable. So, it can be as fast, or as slow, as you like.

          Regards,
          Ray L.