RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Vacuum Table?

  • Matthew Billo
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
      Dear Fred,

      McMaster <http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-cords/=4b6urs> Carr carries a
      large assortment of round, square and something called quad rubber cord made
      of all sorts of materials. Now I want to make one myself!

      Thanks,

      MJBillo

      MJB Engineering, LLC.

      Matthew Billo

      17937 Dove Hill Road

      Eden Valley, MN 55329-9500

      mjbillo@...

      320-453-2150

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
        What I've used is silicone fuel tubing from a model shop. Just cut it to length, cut a sliver of the tube to fit in the bore to give a register, then bond the ends together with clear RTV silicone. Cut a groove slightly wider than the tube and stick the tube in with clear RTV silicone. It gives a very good seal and being more flexible than 'O' ring material will cope with more uneven surfaces.

        Chris

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Billo" <mjbillo@...> wrote:

        > Dear Fred,
        >

        > McMaster <http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-cords/=4b6urs> Carr carries a
        > large assortment of round, square and something called quad rubber cord made
        > of all sorts of materials. Now I want to make one myself!
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > MJBillo
        >

        > MJB Engineering, LLC.
        >
        > Matthew Billo
        >
        > 17937 Dove Hill Road
        >
        > Eden Valley, MN 55329-9500
        >
        > mjbillo@...
        >
        > 320-453-2150

      • Kerry
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 3, 2009
          Greetings,

          This morning the facing wizards in Turn create whacky code. I use
          them all the time and normally they work like a charm but today they
          seem to almost create code with moves in the wrong direction??

          The turning wizards work normally.

          Any ideas what might have happened or that I may be doing wrong?

          Thanks,
          Kerry Harrison