Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Size 34 steppers 8 wire configured in parallel poor holding power,

  • stuart dean
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1 12:08 AM
      Art,
      The power supply is are 60 v at 1000 V/A

      I have to motors there seemed to get warm particularly
      quickly and one which would just stay stone-cold, and
      I was going to check where parity of coils

      taking each motor off and turning it in the same
      direction and measuring the polarity output generated
      if this is the same on all motors relative to wear
      connected, then it's in my head

      if not I thought it would warrant much further deeper
      investigation, interest in your thoughts

      on another note I bought another CnC router off eBay
      and I've successfully I believe,converted to mach2
      items using the pocketing Features very good indeed ,

      many thanks stuart

      --- Art <fenerty@...> wrote:
      Stuart:

      What voltage are you using??

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1 12:51 PM
        Stuart:

        Something wrong for sure. At 60 volts and 3 amps, you shoudl not be able to
        turn that motor at all , it should take a great grunt to turn it.
        Not sure on the polarity, I'll leave that to someone else. If one motor is
        cold and another hot, I suspect that one motor is defective or miswired.
        (Hard to say which though..)