Can't Zero encoder DRO without zeroing Axis DRO

  • chico_xiba
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 11:55 PM
      Hi

      I'm using 4 encoders as DROs of my axises but it seems that the encoder DRO's are somehow linked with the Axis DRO's. I am not able to fully Zero my Encoder DRO's if the Axis Dro's are not zeroed before. I'm using OEM Codes 170-173 for the Encoder DRO's.

      As I want to use the X Axis with a stepper motor, it will not always be zeroed, that creates a problem with the encoder DRO.

      Any help how I could overcome this?

      thanks,
      Francis
    • tmday7
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 4:23 AM
        Dont know if this will help,but i have VB in my zero buttons.So one button will zero the Encoder and the Command Position DRO.
        Here is VB......

        X axis....

        DoOEMButton (1008)
        While ismoving()
        Sleep 100
        Wend
        DoOEMButton (133)

        Y axis....

        DoOEMButton (1009)
        While ismoving()
        Sleep 100
        Wend
        DoOEMButton (134)

        Z axis....

        DoOEMButton (1010)
        While ismoving()
        Sleep 100
        Wend
        DoOEMButton (135)

        HTH
        Troy

        >"chico_xiba" wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > I'm using 4 encoders as DROs of my axises but it seems that the encoder DRO's are somehow linked with the Axis DRO's. I am not able to fully Zero my Encoder DRO's if the Axis Dro's are not zeroed before. I'm using OEM Codes 170-173 for the Encoder DRO's.
        >
        > As I want to use the X Axis with a stepper motor, it will not always be zeroed, that creates a problem with the encoder DRO.
        >
        > Any help how I could overcome this?
        >
        > thanks,
        > Francis

      • Francisco Flores
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 5:29 AM
          Thanks for that Troy

          Problem is, I need the X axis DRO to be being used by a stepper motor and at the same time the Encoder 1 (x?) position to be zeroed and free to be used.

          Apparently you can't zero Encoder 1 (oem 170) if the X Axis DRO (oem 800) is not zeroed... and so forth Y, Z and A

          Actually I couldn't find an OEM code to zero the 4th encoder... it's not on the Wiki at least...

          francis