RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Software settings, etc??? Help Please.

  • Jeffrey T. Birt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 11:30 AM
      Sounds like your step/direction settings in Mach are not set properly. Did
      you get any documentation with the unit?

      Jeff Birt

      Check out - Soigeneris.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 12:25 PM
        Jeff,

        What Mach XML file are you using?

        Bob Campbell
        Bob Campbell Designs.com
        www.campbelldesigns.com
        Breakout boards
        USB Pendants
        Electrical Enclosures

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Campbell" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Jeff,
        >
        > Did it work before you put it into storage?
        >
        > It apparently is getting power to the motors.
        >
        > What type drives are you using?
        >
        > Does the Mach DROs change when you try to jog?
        >
        > Bob Campbell
        > Bob Campbell Designs.com
        > www.campbelldesigns.com
        > Breakout boards
        > USB Pendants
        > Electrical Enclosures

      • jeffjouett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1 1:09 PM
          I don't have any documentation which is part of the problem. I setup the step/dir settings from a Mach video. If they need to be different, I don't know what to try. How can I figure out what they should be?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1 1:15 PM
            Bob...are you referring to which version I downloaded?

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1 1:31 PM
              Jeff,

              When you click on the Mach router it has a set of definitions on how the
              ports and pins are defined. They map to the parallel port.

              I may be able to help. Does you machine have any limit switches? I believe
              that Mach has a program or procedure that will help. If you machine has
              lights for the step and direction signals it would help.

              Bob Campbell
              Bob Campbell Designs.com
              www.campbelldesigns.com
              Breakout boards
              USB Pendants
              Electrical Enclosures

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1 2:40 PM
                OK. Let's start with this.what do you have? If you can find model numbers of
                all the parts that would really help. Remember that we can't see what you
                have in front of you. Can you take some pictures and link to them here? If
                you can catch me on Skype (Skype name is Jeff_Birt) and you have a webcam we
                might be able to make some faster progress.

                Jeff Birt

                Check out - Soigeneris.com

                <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jeffrey T. Birt" <birt_j@...>