how to ID a ModIO for Macropump

  • andywander
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2009
      I am working on a new Macropump, and I'm having trouble getting a value
      in on one of teh analog inputs.

      While I was fooling around with this, I realized that, in the
      macropumps I have used in the past, and all of teh exaamples I have
      seen, there is no place to specify which ModIO device(Slave) you want
      to read the value from.

      Yet when you write a string to the LCD display on teh ModIO, you DO
      need to specify which slave it goes to.

      I know that Mach somehow maps the analog inputs 1, 2 & 3 to Inputs 64,
      65, & 66-but how does this work if thereis more tahn one ModIO in teh
      system?

      And does this change if I am usingthe ModIO plugin?
    • Lee K. White
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        Andy,

        I'm hoping you will use the plugin.

        It will work better for you.

        I'm sure though in my macropump I have specified slave address.

        I'll look into it.

        Thanks, Lee

        Lee K. White
        Premier Pattern Equipment Ltd
        9725 - 60 Ave
        Edmonton, AB T6E 0C4
        780-430-1549
        lee@...

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          Lee:

          Can you shed any light oon the following:

          If I use the plugin, can I also use a macropump for ModIO stuff?

          What do the "DRO" and "Buffer" choices mean on the Plugin Setup Page for the analogs? How would I access datasent to a DRO or Buffer, from Mach?

          ______________________________________
          Andy Wander, CTS | Vice President, Engineering

          Verrex Corporation
          Audio Visual, Videoconference & Sound Systems Integrator

          Corporate Office
          1130 Route 22 West
          Mountainside, NJ 07092
          Direct: 908-664-8353
          Main: 908-232-7000
          Fax: 908-232-7991
          Cell: 610-389-4819
          awander@... | www.verrex.com

          I am working on a new Macropump, and I'm having trouble getting a value
          in on one of teh analog inputs.

          While I was fooling around with this, I realized that, in the
          macropumps I have used in the past, and all of teh exaamples I have
          seen, there is no place to specify which ModIO device(Slave) you want
          to read the value from.

          Yet when you write a string to the LCD display on teh ModIO, you DO
          need to specify which slave it goes to.

          I know that Mach somehow maps the analog inputs 1, 2 & 3 to Inputs 64,
          65, & 66-but how does this work if thereis more tahn one ModIO in teh
          system?

          And does this change if I am usingthe ModIO plugin?

          This communication including any attachments, are intended
          for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and contains
          confidential or copyrighted materials. Duplication,
          distribution or reproduction is strictly prohibited by law
          without written permission of Verrex
        • Andy Wander
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            Lee:

            Thanks.

            Do you mean I need to make an actual DRO on a screen, to hold the data from the analog input?

            ______________________________________

            From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@

            lee@premierpattern. <mailto:lee%40premierpattern.com> com

            _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                I would,

                it would be easier for troubleshooting, however you don't have to

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                  When I make a DRO with screen 4, it only lets me associate it with an OEM Code Function. I put 700 in there.

                  When I go to Config. Config Plugins, and select CONFIG for the ModIO, then go to Config Mach3 for ModIO1, on the Analogs page, I select Use These Analog Mappings, and set Analog in 1 to DRO 700.

                  But I get nothing in the DRO display on Computer screen except for a +0.00

                  ______________________________________

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                    Andy,

                    I'm not sure however I think user dros are from 1000-1024

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                      Lee:

                      I just found an announcement from Art back when he added them:

                      "
                      UserDRO's and UserLED's :

                      There are now 255 user DRO's and 255 User Led's. They are done by dropping
                      an LED or DRO on the screen and giving it an OEM value of 1000 plus the DRO
                      number. So a DRO of OEM number 1001 is UserDRO #1...etc...

                      They can be set or controlled by the macro commands

                      SetUserDRO( 1, 2.345 ); for example.. or
                      SetUserLED ( 1, 1) to turn on an LED, or (1,0) to turn it off...
                      "

                      Couldn't find this on the WIKI or in ay of the docs.

                      Incidentally, I found I had to call the DRO on screen 1900, and also had to use GetUserDRO( 1900 )

                      [not GetUserDRO( 900 ) as is stated in the message].

                      Thanks for your help, my voltmeter is working now. :)

                      Andy Wander