RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Home switches

  • Donald Clifton
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 1, 2009
      It did work, I was tring to do it to a slaved axis and it doesn't show up
      that way. I was just going to make a touch plate for the Z axis.
      Thanks
      Donald Clifton
      From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 1, 2009
        Make sure you uncheck the box that says set axis to Zero on REF.

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Clifton"

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 1, 2009
          Thanks, I'll check that. I got it work.
          Thanks
          Donald Clifton

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 1, 2009
            Were was that located.
            Thanks
            Donald Clifton

            <dclifton2@...> wrote:

            > I tried that and it didn't work. I'll try it again.
            > Thanks
            > Donald Clifton

          • Terry Parker
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 1, 2009
              HIYA Donald, I was thinking the autoZERO checkbox in the HOMING
              config page. BUT that might not have anything to do with your
              situation.

              Just a thought, (;-) TP

              <dclifton2@...> wrote:

              > Were was that located.
              > Thanks
              > Donald Clifton

            • Ron Thompson
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 13, 2009
                Hello everyone,
                I have just started playing with home switches by hooking up a switch to
                pin 10 for x axis. It works fine. My question, when I hit "Ref All
                Home", the x axis moves positive instead of negative. Anyone know right
                off hand how to reverse it? Or maybe you can point me to the right part
                of the documentation.

                Thanks for the wealth of info on this group!

                --

                Ron Thompson
                Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster

                http://www.plansandprojects.com
                My hobby pages are here:

                Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

                Add yourself to the member map here:
                http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby

                Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
                -Ron Thompson
              • himykabibble
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 13, 2009
                  Ron

                  Go to Config->Homing/Limits. You can set what direction each axis homes to.

                  Also, consider using probing instead of messing with home switches. I find it MUCH more convenient.

                  Regards,
                  Ray L.

                  --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Ron Thompson <barebooger@...> wrote:

                  > Hello everyone,
                  > I have just started playing with home switches by hooking up a switch to
                  > pin 10 for x axis. It works fine. My question, when I hit "Ref All
                  > Home", the x axis moves positive instead of negative. Anyone know right
                  > off hand how to reverse it? Or maybe you can point me to the right part
                  > of the documentation.
                  >
                  > Thanks for the wealth of info on this group!
                  >
                  > --
                  >

                  > Ron Thompson
                  > Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster
                  > On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast,
                  > right beside the Kennedy Space Center,
                  > USA
                  >
                  > http://www.plansandprojects.com
                  > My hobby pages are here:
                  > http://www.plansandprojects.com/My%20Machines/
                  >
                  > Visit the castinghobby FAQ:
                  > http://castinghobbyfaq.bareboogerhost.com/
                  >
                  > Add yourself to the member map here:
                  > http://www.frappr.com/castinghobby
                  >
                  > Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
                  > -Ron Thompson

                • Ron Thompson
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 13, 2009
                    Thanks,
                    I am kind of new to Mach 3. I have been using it for a while, but in a
                    limited way. This is new ground for me.
                    I thought probing was for generating a point cloud. How would it apply
                    to homing?

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 13, 2009
                      Probing can be used to precisely zero the machine to any reference feature of the workpiece (an edge, corner, center of a hole or pocket, mid-point between two features, etc.). This provides an alternate means of setting fixture offsets without having to install home switches. I used home switches for quite a while. But, once I started using probing, I've never used the home switches again.

                    • Ron Thompson
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 13, 2009
                        OK, that makes sense. I have always set 0, 0, 0 for what ever I was
                        working on. I am really wanting to use the switches for limits. My
                        machine is slightly longer than the homemade "linear rails" and I am not
                        careful, I can jog too far. I really want to use the home to rapidly
                        move the gantry out of the way for part changes, ideally with the push
                        of one button. Maybe a macro would be better for that?