Tool Comp using Tool Information block

  • tmday7
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hello,
      Just discovered this [probaly old,but new to me :)]that when using
      G41 & G42 in program, that i can use the Tool Information Block on the
      Program Run screen to adjust the diameter of my tool.And this adjusts
      the Cutter Comp amount when program is started.Allowing me to sneak up
      on,or tweaking my part size.But amount of Comp move must be enough for
      comp to turn on and off.
      Anyhow thought this might help a Newbie like me. :)
      Troy
    • Terry Parker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
        YEP the G41/42 if used without the D/P word will base comp on the
        currently loaded tool(;-)

        (;-) TP