Screen 4

  • gimble88
    Message 1 of 50 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hello,

      I have been trying to follow some suggestions for building screens.
      Some people have had good results with building a bit map with images
      of all their buttons on it and then adding transparent buttons over
      the top of the single jpeg in screen 4 to provide the functions.

      So... I built a bit map with built-in pictures of buttons on the
      background jpeg. I made up some "image buttons" with no bitmap
      selected. I placed these over my jpeg on top of the buttons.

      Then when I load the screen in Mach, on one page only, all the
      transparent buttons allow the background to show through my jpeg so
      the jpeg button image can't be seen. It all looks fine in screen 4. I
      messed with the "move bitmaps to back" command with no help.

      I watched Benny's excellent videos on screen building.

      Any ideas what I have left out of the process or whether this really
      should work like this?

      If it did work, it would make life much more simple.

      Thanks,
      Spence
    • Henrik Olsson
      Message 50 of 50 , Dec 20, 2008
        Spence,
        Wow, thanks a lot for such a detailed answer. I'll try implementing your
        procedures and see how it goes.

        I've designed a couple of screens before and honestly this bitmap thing is
        the only real problem I've had with Scream4. Though I read about a lot of
        weird things happening with it I've never experienced them.

        I agree, it's a very powerful tool. I'm working on a set of screens for my
        touch-screen based control and apart from the bitmap issue it's starting to
        come together quite nicely.

        Thanks again, I'll work on it for a while, see how it goes and let you know!

        /Henrik.