Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: spindle override

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
      On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 09:33:02 -0000, you wrote:

      >I do not agree to this because Mach3 incorporates the index to read
      >true rpm.

      You may not agree, but it doesn't change the fact that override has
      other problems. For one, it isn't instant, inertia lag and look ahead
      has a big effect, and during threading spindle speed should be locked
      and constant. To be safe, your stick would have to work in some modes,
      and not in others.

      >This also would exclude those who have a manual control on the spindle
      >VFD for example, not controlled by pwm via Mach3.

      ?? There are people already using Mach like that. You can pre - set the
      spindle speed manually via a pot on the VFD, there's nothing to stop you
      increasing that if you like.

      Steve Blackmore