RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Homing Off Not Working Properly

  • Mark Vaughan
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
      UNLESS you have a G100 which is where the confusion always comes as each
      person describes their experiences.

      With a G100, each axis goes to home in turn as each limit switch releases,
      the home off value sets the axis DRO's to that value, then moves the axis to
      zero.

      With other control systems, all the above takes place except for the last
      move to zero.

      Regs Mark

      Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU

      Managing Director

      Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068

      Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

      Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.

      Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288

      RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)

      _____

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Vaughan" <mark@...> wrote:

        > UNLESS you have a G100 which is where the confusion always comes as
        each
        > person describes their experiences.
        >
        > With a G100, each axis goes to home in turn as each limit switch
        releases,
        > the home off value sets the axis DRO's to that value, then moves
        the axis to
        > zero.
        >
        > With other control systems, all the above takes place except for
        the last
        > move to zero.
        >

        > Regs Mark

        Mark
        is that compulsory on the G100? Seems to me that it kind of defeats
        the purpose of having home switches at positions other than machine
        zero.
        Hood
      • Noel Anthony
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
          Thanks Mark

          That is exactly what I had. Thought I was loosing my few remaining marbles
          or the it was changed in the MACH upgrade.

          Cheers

          Noel

          _____

          From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@

          wildgrav wrote:
          > Just installed Smooth Stepper with BOB and cannot get the Home Off to
          > move off the switch the entered value. Only goes a few mm. The DRO
          > shows the entered value but it does not go that far. Any ideas please?
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Noel

        • Mark Vaughan
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
            That's just the way it seems to work with a G100, though when I had nothing
            else that was the way I thought it was supposed to work.

            We also don't tend to fiddle with things in G100 setups while they work
            since it isn't really supported anymore.

            For my use I like it, my limit and home switches are both the same, when you
            home to a home switch and the axis stays there on the switch there are a few
            problems

            1 it is too easy to jog the wrong way and hit the damn switch, a 10mm safety
            zone is enough to realise you hit the wring jog button.

            2 very often I will run a job in a jig, reload the jig, do a 'gotoZ' so it
            moves back to my reference mark on the jig and I can renew my confidence no
            pulses had been lost (just in case). But if that is close to or on the limit
            switch and the move is a very high speed G0 move with servo's that little
            bit of overshoot in the control loop is enough to trip the limit switch.

            Because of the way I home and limit, I don't trust limits totally to mach
            and the G100 which have let me down many times with potential disastrous
            results. My limits feed the G100 and my servo amps, sometimes both will stop
            within the servo error value, sometimes the G100 is late and it will trip a
            servo error, so I try not to hit limit switches since it looses my home
            position. During a home, my servo also gets tripped, but is automatically
            reset.

            With the G100 and a home off of 10mm, and move to that place, I know there
            is a 10mm safety margin.

            Regs Mark

            Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU

            Managing Director

            Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068

            Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

            Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.

            Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288

            RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)

            _____

            > UNLESS you have a G100 which is where the confusion always comes as
            each
            > person describes their experiences.
            >
            > With a G100, each axis goes to home in turn as each limit switch
            releases,
            > the home off value sets the axis DRO's to that value, then moves
            the axis to
            > zero.
            >
            > With other control systems, all the above takes place except for
            the last
            > move to zero.
            >

            > Regs Mark

            Mark
            is that compulsory on the G100? Seems to me that it kind of defeats
            the purpose of having home switches at positions other than machine
            zero.
            Hood

          • art2
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
              Mark:

              All you need to do is add a

              code( "G53X0Y0" ) at the end of the homing script commands to get the same effect.. On reflection I probably should have made the g100 work the same as general use, Or visa versa.. :)

              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
                On the Nail Mark

                _____

                From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>