Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Backlash Comp question for you...

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hi Dave,

      Try to increase the the Shuttle Accel. and see what happens.

      Daniel

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi Daniel,

        Thank you for your input. I was already at .005 seconds and 100% B.L.
        speed at that point when I started this. Today I actually went up
        to .050 and no RESET this time and I didn't even slow down the
        feedrate.

        I will be doing some more testing but so far, so good, and thanks
        again for the suggestion-

        Dave

        --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > Try to increase the the Shuttle Accel. and see what happens.
        >
        > Daniel
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Horton & Son's Mfg. Inc.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
          I too need to setup backlash comp. My backlash is 0 with my the gibs loose on my mill. I use 2 ball nuts tightened in opposing directions on each axis. When I tighten up my gibs I have .004 backlash. Where is the Shuttle Accel. located at in Mach3?

          Thank you for your input. I was already at .005 seconds and 100% B.L.
          speed at that point when I started this. Today I actually went up
          to .050 and no RESET this time and I didn't even slow down the
          feedrate.

          I will be doing some more testing but so far, so good, and thanks
          again for the suggestion-

          Dave

          --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel <yosefi83@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dave,
          >
          > Try to increase the the Shuttle Accel. and see what happens.
          >
          > Daniel
          >

          > ________________________________

        • budman6899
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
            Top menu, Config/General Config/ and then it's at the top of the 3rd
            column to the right.

            Dave

            --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Horton & Son's Mfg. Inc."
            <handsmfg@...> wrote:

            > I too need to setup backlash comp. My backlash is 0 with my the gibs
            loose on my mill. I use 2 ball nuts tightened in opposing directions on
            each axis. When I tighten up my gibs I have .004 backlash. Where is the
            Shuttle Accel. located at in Mach3?

            > Thanks

          • budman6899
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008