97829Re: Lathe Home Switch position

  • danmauch
    Sep 1, 2008
      What I recommend is to make a mounting plete out of aluminum for the
      home microswitch. Then epoxy the switch plate to a rectangular bar
      magnet. You can then posistion the z home position where you want it.
      If you needs change then you can move the switch to suit. The
      downside is that when cutting stell swarf may congrigate around the
      magnet.

      Dan Mauch
      www.camtronics-cnc.com
      low cost cases for Gecko drive
      kits and assembled units

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Homann" <groups@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I looking at putting home/limit switches onto my lathe and am after
      advice
      > on where to have the home position for the Z-axis? I'm thinking of
      having
      > it at the opposite end from the chuck, but am wondering if it is
      better
      > say 2/3rd travel from the chuck, so that the position of the tail-
      stock is
      > not so critical when homing.
      >
      > Any advice...
      >
      > cheers,