89796Re: Tool Turret or QCTP

  • januseng
    Apr 1, 2008
      Daniel,

      Ah only 50mm - should have looked it up at:-
      http://www.lathes.co.uk/emco/page11.html
      A turning tool can be used for diameter turning , faceing or
      profiling, so, with a little creative ingenuity and using turning,
      screwcutting or grooving tools in the round holes in the turret, you
      should be able to avoid using a QCTP.

      Ian

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Yosefi <yosefi83@...>
      wrote:

      > Ian,
      >
      > Thanks, nice link.
      > To use a tool plate like in the pill case demo you need a long
      travel on your X axis. My EMCO lathe is a small table-top lathe with
      only 50mm of travel in the X, so I think I can't benefit much from
      this idea...

      > Daniel

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic