70035RE: [Bulk] RE: [mach1mach2cnc] BackLash.. Finally.!! :)

  • Mark Vaughan
    Mar 1, 2007
      Hi Art

      Just thinking aloud for a minute, and this may not be viable.

      For backlash to work correctly it would depend on whether you are
      conventional or climb milling, this would set whether backlash compensation
      is required at the start of a cut, or at the end.

      It's a bit like tool offset compensation and really needs commanding within
      the Gcode, as you said this starts to make it complex.

      However you are writing a tool, lazy cam, that might have much of the data
      available to do this. Either by adjusting the parameters in the right place
      to do the compensation itself, or since you set climb or conventional
      milling, then you could also set a Gcode command to set the backlash on in
      the right place.

      The other method I suppose is just recommend conventional milling if
      compensation is switched on.

      Just a thought anyhow.

      Regs Mark

      Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

      Managing Director

      Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

      Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

      Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
      Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

      _____

      From: mach1mach2cnc@ <mailto:mach1mach2cnc%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@