      From: Mark Vaughan
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:17 AM
      Subject: RE: [Bulk] RE: [mach1mach2cnc] BackLash.. Finally.!! :)

      The trouble with all this backlash compensation is backlash is play in your
      system.

      Whether compensation is, or is not required depends on the direction of
      cutting force, whether you are climb or conventional milling.

      Fine on a lathe where load is normally in the same direction.

      Because mach offers backlash compensation many diy users will think it's OK
      to build a machine with half an inch of backlash and mach will take care of
      it.

      We need to all be very careful what we understand can and cannot be done
      with Art's backlash system.

      There is no substitute here for tight screws. (No pun intended).

      Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

      Managing Director

      Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

      Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

      Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
      Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

      _____