      From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 4:10 AM
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: More information needed for setting up a CNC lathe

      Hi Don,

      The width of the pulse only has to be long enough for Mach3 to detect the transition. Mach3 looks for the transition at the start of the pluse and doesn't care about the length. It then looks for the trasition back at the end of the pulse so that it can start looking for the pulse start again.

      The pulse (slot) could be 1/2", or 1/2 of the disk itself., it doesn't matter. Just that it is long enough to detect the start and end.

      Cheers,

      Peter

      Peter Homann
      http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

      On Wed 09/07/14 1:44 PM , "Don@... [mach1mach2cnc]" <mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Peter,

      OK, I now see what you are explaining.  I think. I hadn't thought of the diameter, width, of the magnet being a factor.  I can see the effect of my little 1/8" D magnets at 1" D vs at 4"d on the spindle pulley would change the pulse width,

      Last question though, is it really a consideration?  How sensitive is Mach3 to the width of the pulse vs the frequency of the pulses? Seems that the frequency would be more important than the width.

      Don R

      Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/

    • Show all 45 messages in this topic