      From: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lester Caine
      Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:25 AM
      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Windows 8 - OT

      CNCWoodworker@... wrote:
      > No, he just likes posting about his disdain for all versions of
      > windows. He's been complaining about Windows regularly at least since XP.

      Well this laptop rolled up for one of my wife's colleagues just before lunch. So far it's been running updates to W8 since 12 ... 7 hours so far. No sign yet that I can start to update to W8.1 ...
      I need to do it for them as they don't have a decent broadband connection where they live but even with my 8Mb line it's slow going :(

      XP works fine, and I still have licences on the shelf to install the Mach-in-a-box setups which I'm just waiting for Taig to deliver the mills for.

      For once it's not windows that has a problem with <Ctrl>C, although just how DO you open a command prompt in W8 so you can actually USE it on the command line?
      It's sod's on the Linux development side who are totally screwing up perfectly functional code which used to be better than the windows options. 'Gimp' used to be something I used in place of PSP, but now I'm actually using PSP again just to get the job done quicker ... With the latest windows it's learning just were they have moved basic functions to that is the slowdown now :( Start Button - Windows Update - Job done ... A white screen with just a progress bar and no idea as to how many more updates are to be done is bloody stupid ...

      --
      Lester Caine - G8HFL

      www.machsupport.com - Web site AccessYahoo Groups Links
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic