143197Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Need a little help

  • Jim Osborne
    Feb 12, 2014
      Yes, direct experience, but only with using Windows XP. I cannot speak for Windows 7. The results are unpredictable. When I removed Roboform the problem went away. Ruined a bit, clamp and piece in the process.

      From: thosj@...
      Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:20 AM
      Subject: Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Need a little help

      Whoa, been running Roboform on my Windows 7 CNC computer forever, across a couple actual computers, the second thing I install on a new computer build. What exactly is the issue with Roboform and a machine crashing? Have you experiences an issue that can actually be attributed to Roboform?

      ---In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, <jsundownr@...> wrote:

      I have found updating the BIOS on any old XP machine can make ports work better. It worked for me.

      As for running other software on a dedicated mill machine, I have crashed a job because of other DLL interference. This can be disastrous on an expensive cnc tool. Granted, it does not happen often, but it does happen. Watch Roboform in particular. This software and Mach3 can not be installed on the same cnc machine without crashing Mach3 occasionally.

      Jim

      Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:30 AM

      there is no need to run the updates for xp. mach runs fine on standard xp.

      most of the updates are security updates which dont matter if your not connecting to the net.

      i run all my mach machines without firewall,no  updates and no virus programs.

    • Show all 90 messages in this topic