      Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:55 PM
      Subject: RE: [mach1mach2cnc] Need a little help

      Hi Guys  iv'e got 2 machines and loaded xp pro then i went to microsoft and downloaded 2 files  called sp2 sp3 .i am also running sata with 4 gig memory. and all works fine on my taig cnc mill and my taig cnc lathe. xp pro is an older cd that i had when it came out.

      Thank You Brian

      To: mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com
      From: chuckels@...
      Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:34:11 -0500

      Edmund,
      if your install cd is an original older XP it wont recognize the sata hard drive in the newer pc because the drivers are not on the older cds.
      I went crazy trying to install my original XP pro onto a newer machine till I searched the net and found out why.
      there is a workaround but I have never tried it.
      Chuck