143181Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Mach3 trajectory testing (from a linuxcnc guy)

  • Steve Blackmore
    Feb 11, 2014
      On 11 Feb 2014 12:54:44 -0800, you wrote:

      >Linuxcnc trajectory planner currently has some short falls.. (there - I said it). It, in affect, has a read ahead of 1 segment. This works great for the most part - but when you get into programs with really short segments - that limitation show itself.. That being said - there is some work going on right now to improve the planner (read ahead depth). I have been testing it and it is showing a lot of promise.. (engraving programs taking 1/2 the time of the current linuxcnc planner)
      >Why am is still talking?

      LinuxCNC trajectory planner is awful.

      Have a look at this, same toolpath, same accel, same feed - make sure
      sound is on.

      I posted this in frustration after being told for several years that
      there was nothing wrong with the linux trajectory planner ;)

      Steve Blackmore
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic