141993Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Help Needed

  • quadconversions
    Nov 4, 2013
      Hi Roger,
      For the split second I read London I did think 'oh that's closer to home' but I have a friend who moved to lake Ontario area.  I sent the UK link as cnc4you does ship world wide and his BOB is a good one. It solved my problem.
      I chased the same problem for a long time and never found the cause.  Can you see the LEDs flash as Mach trips?  It will let you know where the noise is from. They can flash so fast you can miss them.... Diagnostics page in Mach.
      Doesn't your smooth stepper then go through a BOB?  Is your BOB optically isolated?
      I too re-routed wires, disconnected switches unplugged stuff and still got that sickening 'bong' as Mach tripped.  Limit switch LEDs would flash even with none attached. Router detached, it went on for weeks and the hair I didn't pull out turned grey.
      I got to the stage where it was either buy an oscilloscope (I haven't a clue how to use one) or an Opto Break Out Board... I went for the Opto BOB and I've got faith back in my machine again now and it hasn't tripped once since.
      You could be looking for a micro second of noise as something discharges it's self though your system. Possibly caused by the interaction a of a fluorescent tube and a butterfly in a rain forest. Sure it would be nice to find it.. but it's a lot easier to kill it before it hits your system.
      I can't guarantee it will work for you, I'm no expert, but it can't do any harm. Break Out Boards can go bad.
      Regards Dave
      In a message dated 04/11/2013 13:29:54 GMT Standard Time, roger@... writes:
      I should have mentioned that I have the Ethernet Smooth Stepper as part of my system. Wondering if the two responses that I had assumed I am in London England rather than London Ontario Canada. At any rate thanks for taking the time to respond.

      --- In mach1mach2cnc@yahoogroups.com, qconvers@... wrote:
      > I had the exact same problem.  I bought one of these...  Opto  isolated
      > break out board....

      > http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=81&product_id=
      > 160

      > and never had a problem since.   If you go to the diagnostics  page can you
      > see an LED flash when it trips ?.. I had to video it to catch  it, it was
      > so fast.

      > Regards Dave

      > roger@... writes:
      > I'm  looking for assistance in the form of someone in the general area of
      > London  Ontario who would be able to come by and see what I am doing wrong.
      > My system  keeps tripping limit switch and the limit switches are unplugged.
      > This has  always been an occasional problem but since I have tried to
      > eliminate the  problem by rerouting wires it has become chronic.
      > I am ignorant enough  about electronics etc that I have no idea what to  do.
      > Thanks
      > Roger  Muma
      > 1-519-649-0309

      <*> Your email settings: