141685Re: [mach1mach2cnc] First Auto Tool Change in Mach4

  • Dclifton2
    Sep 25, 2013
      What about a macro like Ger did in his 2010 screen set that did a simiautomatic tool change by comparing the offset of the bit length.
        Don Clifton

      Sent from Don Clifton's IPad

      On Sep 25, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Brian Barker <brianb@...> wrote:

      I think I need to make my module for toolchangers.. if I can do that I think Terry will be very very happy.. I bet I can get a changer down to under about 10 lines of code and the code would only be positions to move too..

      Just an idea..

      On 9/25/2013 3:06 PM, Henrik Olsson wrote:

      Hi Terry,

      I don’t mind the age of CB per se, it’s just that EVERYONE ELSE has moved on (whether we like it or not) while CB hasn’t moved one bit (no pun intended) for almost a decade. The result of this is that it (CB) is getting more and more incompatible with everything around it.

      If you are able to piece together stuff in CB I’m sure you will be able to do the same thing in LUA if you want to.

      Classic ladder might be fairly simple to you, personally, like I said I can’t imagine programming a toolchanger in it - and I work with PLC’s from time to time….

      With that said one manufacturers ladder dialect is not the same as the other though the basics are the same in both – just as it is with CB and LUA.