139947Re: D&M 4S machining center

  • drexelad
    Apr 25, 2013
      I believe I have made some progress sorting through the Sherline mill set up online. From what I gathered they are running a Nema 23 1/4 inch shaft motor. The kit they offer has 135oz motors. Since the 23 is factory I was thinking about purchasing a Nema23 425 oz. I did purchase a 48 volt 7.3A 350 Watt power supply. From what I found this power supply can run 4 stepper motors at 3.5 amps.

      Since my D&M mill is a Sherline I should be able to bolt up a Nema23 with a higher oz rating.

      The factory set up uses some sort of coupler/sleeve to connect the motor to the axis. Does this info sound realistic? Still working through my learning curve.