121711Re: [mach1mach2cnc] Re: Transfering DRO information to a second computer

    Sep 3, 2010
      Yes you can do this.. You would use an output and set the output to be
      an OEMTrigger on the 2nd machine. The OEM Trigger would be setup under
      config System Hotkeys.

      Should have no trouble with that :)

      Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
      > Thanks, Brian.
      > I appreciate all the effort you put in to Mach 3 for us! I know you're busy with Version 4. Let us know if you come up with anything on this. By the way, I can use an output pin from one computer to switch on a relay that sinks an input pin on the second computer to activate the cycle start, right?
      > Wendell
      >

      > Hmm... I will think about this.. I think the serial plugin that I made
      > could be changed to do what you would like to do...
      >
      > Thanks
      > Brian
      >
      > Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks, Brian,
      >> I'd be grateful for the plug-in. By the way, I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but it's only 2 points that are being probed so they could be stored in an OEMDRO. It's for a measuring/centering device to measure the width and height of a door that is taken off a rack by a cnc-controlled arm before being sprayed by a CNC paint sprayer. The two devices need to interact continuously.
      >> I think I can find a way to make it work even without the plug-in, but the operating speed would be faster with the plug-in.
      >> Thanks again,
      >> Wendell
      >>

      >> Hello,
      >> I did make a new serial plugin that "could" do this ... At this time you
      >> can do OEM buttons and setOEMDRO's with the plugin.. I need to make an
      >> output section to this plugin at some point and if I added that it would
      >> do what you are thinking about.
      >>
      >> For now you can copy the prob file and you should be all set.
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >> Brian
      >>
      >> Wendell and Janet Miller wrote:
      >>

      >>> When using two Mach 3 controllers to control one machine, is there a way to
      >>> transfer the DRO coordinate from one computer to the second one? I need to
      >>> use one computer to probe and the other to run the resulting gcode. Can I
      >>> have the computer save the DRO coordinates to a text file and the second
      >>> computer read the file over a network and generate gcode from it? Also, is
      >>> there a simple way to have one computer do a cycle start on a second
      >>> computer?
      >>> Thanks